• '10

I’m new to the forums. What are the pros/cons for playing online, by forum or by email?  What are most people doing currently?

• The best part of playing online by forum or email is you aren’t under any time constraints to finish the game like in face to face. You have a wider range of willing opponents and depending on your personal abilities could have more than one game at a time going on.

The con is there are a bit of logistics to work out and with no time constraints can go on for some time. It can be easy to put much more time into each move than you otherwise would.

It has been awhile since I’ve made time for online play. It seems likely most of my info is a bit out of date.

• '10

Thanks for the imput. I have only played ftf and when I was younger we had 7-8 people who would play AAclassic or Conquest of the Empire anytime  (usually in our off season from stratomatic baseball) so there was no need to even consider this. Besides, the ballbreaking and on hijinks that went on during the games was sometimes better than the game itself. (anybody who was Numidia and 2 catapults down knows this)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m