• japan took washington. i’m usa and gave all my money to japan. i still have 6 boats and 3 fighters. UK player gets washington back. does usa know start collecting money on the lands he now owns?

• Yes the US would at the end of his turn collect income. Even if the US player had liberated his capitol he would have collected income. The only time a player does not collect income is when his capitol is held by an opposing player.

• Official Q&A

A player collects income only during the Collect Income phase of turns in which he/she owns his/her capital.  In your example, you would not get any money immediately when the UK liberated your capital, but you would at the end of your next turn after that.  If you liberate your own capital, you collect income on that same turn.

This is different from collecting money from another player when you take his or her capital.  You can do that whether or not you own your own capital, since it’s captured money, not “income”.  This is the only way that you can have any money if your capital is in enemy hands.  However, you still can’t spend it until you get your capital back.

• what if in this case USA didn’t have any of their units on the board?
    do they get income back and start rebuilding?

• Official Q&A

Yes.  A player can never be permanently eliminated from the game.  Even if you lose literally everything, you can still come back if an ally liberates your capital.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m