Armor non-combat movement

• OK, I have a question regarding the non-combat movement of armor units.  I know how I always THOUGHT the rule was, but can find no support for it, so looking for assistance…

Sutuation:
    Enemy units occupy space between 2 allied territories.
    SOME units from the first allied territory attack and take control of the enemy held territory.

Question:
    Can armored units that did not engage in combat do a NCM THROUGH the just captured territory to the adjacent allied territory?

• Official Q&A 2007 AAR League

Don’t see why not. You can reinforce just captured territories with units not in the combat right?

• From the official FAQ at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs/axisrevised#movement

@FAQ:

Q-I attack and capture an enemy land territory in combat. Now, during non-combat movement, can my tanks that weren’t involved in combat move through the newly-captured territory and enter a second friendly territory on the far side?

A-Yes, this is legal.

• Thank you for the input folks!

I could not find anything either way in LHTR, and I have an old apparent House Rule from Classic that precluded such moves.

Appreciate the clarification!

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.5m