• I won’t go that far but in a more complex game it would certainly be the best!

• Customizer

Well, I still think it could actually be less complex in practice than the forcefields and Commisars of the official rules as they stand.

In effect all that happens is that some of the Russians break away from the Allies and become a new Central Power. Simple really.

• At least in reality it was not that simple!
    The peace was a very fragile thing and only their own weakness in the beginning of the RR prevented the Bolsheviks from attacking weak German garrisons.
    If the war would have lasted longer or the Bolsheviks had performed better/faster against the Whites this could plausibly have happened! It was an imminent threat causing the Germans to leave strong garrisons behind. At the core, as Russians, they were hostile to Germany.

In a game Bolsheviks must not be a new CP faction which can operate in CPs interest or even combatting with them!

• Hey, its my first time posting but ive been reading these forums for a while. Im about 5 games deep and its definitely a challenge playing as the CP, but it seems to me like a lot of people might be calling the games too early. Ive noticed that the initial axis bubble seems to “pop” around turn 5 or 6, but if you grabbed up enough money and forced the RR, you should be able to get a decent force together on the western front and make another go at france. makes for a long long game though…

• @xxstefanx:

First, let me say that the new rule (Western Allies conquering Russian TTs) is nonsense!

Ok, now to your questions:
    In both CP victories Russia was forced into RR R5 with 5 Russian TTs conquered by an G-AH-OT-East Strategy.
    So there ARE no massive UK troops neither in Karelia nor in Sevastopol.

Here is the getgo:
    A-H: 5 Art, 1 Fighter
    MOVE:
    -> ALL Trieste into Serbia and take 1 additional Art (or 2) from Hungary to assure it is an immediate wipeout.
    -> Rest Hungary and ALL Galicia into Rumania for an immediate wipeout (cannot be countered by RUS next round!)
    -> Move ALL Austria units into Galicia
    -> Take 1 Art from Tyrolia, load it on transport and unload in Venice for a 2 hit/1 casualty amphinbious assault.
    -> Leave enough troops in Tyrolia for an appropiate change if Venice feels to attack. 1 Inf to Vienna.(otherwise all built Art would be lost! :evil: and the rest into Trieste!
    -> Bohemia depends on how you handle Switzerland. (but goal is to move as many units as possible into Galicia!)
    (You will see all this is an immensely powerful move!)

G1: 3 Inf, 5 Art, 1 Fighter (alternative: 1 CR if you cannot resist! :wink:)
    Obligatory: ALL German ships wipe out the British Fleet!
    -> You will get 1 mine hit, most likely a sub and then 2 hits which results in Germany remaining with 1 damaged DR (can we say dreadnoughts?), 2 CR, 2 Subs
    (maybe if the opponent is lucky only 1 Sub).
    -> Most important thing: Fleet is unattackable by the 1 French DR or RUS DR and at least a temporary threat even as is!
    -> MOVE ALL from Prussia and Silesia and the fighter into Poland! (wipe out what is left there by the Russians)
    -> In the West depending on Switzerland again attack either Holland, Belgium and Lorraine or Holland, Belgium and Switzerland!
    (Switzerland from Alsace and Munich with enough units that it is uncounterable. Leave enough that Alsace is not interesting for France to attack.)

After those 2 turns you stand KILLER!
    So you can figure out the rest.

Note 1: Don’t play bungee jumping here and there with the Ottomans! Be focused on the main objective! Build ground units solely to kill Russians and Brits who could reinforce Russia!! One exception: Attack the 2 Russian CRs R1. If you survive or both killed think about a transport - AND ONLY THEN!

Note:2 Germany builds 2 (maybe 3) transports R2!

Good luck!

Â

I’ve tried this scenario before. First off al, if you land on venice, the 2 art on venice will destroy your landing canon. There is nothing stopping italy from attacking Trieste and thus forcing you to counterattack, using vital troops from the eastern front. The rest is pretty good, i forced Russia in RR in turn 4/5 I (can’t remember precisely). But Britain crushed Ottomans and French were pretty good as well  but that doesn’t matter for this topic. It is indeed the best way to crush the russians the fastest.

• Thx for trying it!
    And thx too for agreeing it is the best way!  :-)

One little correction: It has to be 1 A-H Inf unloading into Vienna, of course.

One little remark: R2 Germany builds 1 transport. (maybe, but this would be max. 2)

• @xxstefanx:

Thx for trying it!
    And thx too for agreeing it is the best way!  :-)

One little correction: It has to be 1 A-H Inf unloading into Vienna, of course.

One little remark: R2 Germany builds 1 transport. (maybe, but this would be max. 2)

i planned the same thing. when doing that, germany needs to aid to exploit the situation. but biggest problem is italy. the can ravage AH. what do you do against italy? Because, you need a lot f figs in ukraine too…

• @xxstefanx:

-> In the West depending on Switzerland again attack either Holland, Belgium and Lorraine or Holland, Belgium and Switzerland!
    (Switzerland from Alsace and Munich with enough units that it is uncounterable. Leave enough that Alsace is not interesting for France to attack.)

Sorry for the n00b question but why an attack on Holland? Cost probably 2 inf (6 IPCs) and a gain of 2 IPCs. Doesn’t seem cost effective. is it a kind of strategic position?

• I agree Holland is a bad choice, since you need those 2 troops in defence against France r2. Belgium and Poland are the only two landattacks Germany should make r1. I agree that Germany has to wipe out the british Atlantic fleet though.

As for AH, going hard against Russia is a must, but not in the way described above. First of all you need to attack Italy in Venice witha atleast a 10/2 (Inf/Art) and perhaps even a 12/2. Wipe out Rumania with 12/4(or 14/4) and make a 6/2 attack against Serbia (You will get it worst case in r2). Stack all units you can in Galicia, save 4 you wanna move into Trieste.

The AH fleet however is a hard one. In my opinion you wanna make an all out attack against the italiens (at bad odds). Reason is you cant do anything else with it. If you succeed the french will need to use its fleet against AH r1 which means they cant move it into the atlantic against Germany as they would like to.

• I once built an extra Dread on AH1 just for fun. The entente player freaked out and Italy wasted all it’s IPC that run on it’s own dread. The two forces then proceeded to sit there and stare at eachother the entire game…and then the Austrian tanks rolled into Rome.

Moral of the story: Do crazy things and you’ll obviously win.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m