• I was wondering how often do you guys play Axis and Allies, and how long do your games last.

Jeremy

• I (hopefully) play once a month. I’m not sure how long the games last, sometimes one night, sometimes one week.

• Games average around 4-8 hours … although, there is no real time frame (as it really depends on the skills of the players and the rolls of the dice).

• Not as often as I’d like, and also about 4-8 hours.

• '19 Moderator

I try to play face to face games once a month, but it doesn’t usualy happen that often. :cry:

My games go from 3 or 4 hours up to 30 hours or more. It depends on the players. Mostly how much drinking and BSing is going on :)

• @dezrtfish:

I try to play face to face games once a month, but it doesn’t usualy happen that often. :cry:

My games go from 3 or 4 hours up to 30 hours or more. It depends on the players. Mostly how much drinking and BSing is going on :)

How does it work for you? More drinking=longer game, or the opposite? I really have to try adding alcohol to A&A sometime. :)

• Our teacher lets us play at school… Any free time we have were playing A&A, so about 2hrs. a day 5 days a week, all year! The games last about 4 hrs a piece!

• unfortunately i never get to play. just moved so i lost partner. havent found anyone to game with yet. but it usually take at least 4 hours. longest ive had was 4 days, about 3-4 hrs a day.

• I do fell bad for you Sherman,good luck finding someone to play.I usually play about three out of every four Saturdays at my cousins house .When he rented a room from me for a few months that booger wanted to play AA EVERY SINGLE DAY! He is deffinately way more addicted than I am.And he still had time to meet lots of women.We been playing for about 17 years.If someone does real good and gets some luck the game can be over in an hour.Then it’s time for a rematch.Some games last 8 hours.Most last 4-4 1/2 hours.We also introduced a couple of friends to the game.They love it.My brother also plays when he comes in from out of town.

• @MuthaRussia:

Our teacher lets us play at school… Any free time we have were playing A&A, so about 2hrs. a day 5 days a week, all year! The games last about 4 hrs a piece!

lucky b@$7@rD!

• '19 Moderator

@Grigoriy:

@dezrtfish:

How does it work for you? More drinking=longer game, or the opposite? I really have to try adding alcohol to A&A sometime. :)

More drinking definately meens a longer game. It a lot of fun though, as long as you know the guys you play with won’t be a problem. Some guys turn into jerks when they drink, and that ruins it.

One weakend I had a buddy in from out of town so we played A&A, Samuri Swords and Fortess America all one right after another. We had been going for 36 hours strait when my frend looked at me, leaned in close, laughed and fell out of his chair and passed out.

Good times :wink:

• '19 Moderator

@M-4_Sherman:

unfortunately i never get to play. just moved so i lost partner. havent found anyone to game with yet. but it usually take at least 4 hours. longest ive had was 4 days, about 3-4 hrs a day.

You should hit the major search engines with “Axis and Allies” and Florida.

I remember hearing somthing about a big A&A club down there at one of the Universities.

• Every other weekend 4-8 hrs.

• I play an avg. of 1-2 times in a week, from around 6 pm to 11-12 pm, or later if it’s weekend and there wasn’t anything fun to do :-? . Our games usually goes on and on forever (at least it feels like they do at times). Unless either side gets off with an incredible first 2-3 rounds it usually takes ~4 sittings before we start so see a winning side, and another sitting or two before that side secures the win (or fails to do so and the game is suddnely wide open again :P ).

Sometimes we play speedrounds as well, those games are usually over in a sitting or two. A mix of reduced quality and faster rounds :)
    Makes for much fun tho, and much more ‘stunts’. :D

So; avg. of 10 hours a week, a normal game lasting about 25 hours, some much more and some much less of course. :P
    Speedgames usually lasting 5-10 hours.

Ragrrr

• 2007 AAR League

I play once every season (fall, spring, winter, and summer). Games usually take 3 hours since we play in tournaments of three games and we try to hurry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m