• Communist propaganda (replaces alpha 3 NOs for “spread of communism” and “national prestige”)

The Soviet Union collects a one-time bonus of 3IPCs anytime it gains control of an originally German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory in Europe or Asia, or anytime Soviet forces liberate an originally Soviet territory.

Reasons for this are:
    a) it allows Russia to make a windfall after sea lion, especially if territories switch hands a few times
    b) it motivates Russia to counterattack targets of opportunity rather than just turtle turtle turtle
    c) it motivates the axis not to grab territories they do not intend to defend
    d) it allows Russia to get some income from Iraq but not a ridiculous amount, so less emphasis on the middle east
    e) no more African safari adventures
    f) Italian islands not worth the effort
    g) if Moscow survives, the Red Army gains momentum as it liberates Russian territories on the way to Berlin
    h) easy rule to remember and more fun

• I like this rule, and think it would preform well. My only concern is that Russia might abuse the recapture of their territories portion somehow. I would have to see it in action. When I next get a chance at a game, I’ll try it.

• Actually I just saw an idea for the Soviet NO that I think is even cooler.  Over at the Harris Game Design site WILD BILL suggested a rule where you simply give Russia double the IPC value of any originally German, Italian, pro-axis or pro-allies neutral territory that they own.  Simple and effective.  I think that’s my new favourite version of the Soviet NO.   :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m