Axis & Allies Miniatures - Scale, which set go with which

• Hi Guys,

I am researching these with the view of collecting them.  I have some questions thoough.

1. I understand there are several starter packs that contain some axis and some allies units. Can you please enumerate all the starter packs?

2. I see there are various boosters such as 39-45, 39-41, 41-43, desert, base set, d-day etc. Are all these different or do they overlap? Is for example the booster 41-43 a subset of the booster 39-45. can you enumerate the boosters?

3. What is the deal with the scaling? Which of these fit together in scaling terms. I dont want to have units of different scales. I want them to be uniformed. So which ones should I buy and which shoud l avoid?

thanks in advance
    p

• '18 Customizer

The game started out with vehicle scale is in the 10-12mm range and was changed to a more standard 15 mm scale about halfway through. Sets that contain 10-12mm vehicles are, Base Set, Set II, Contested Skies, D-Day, Reserves. Sets that contain 15mm vehicles are, 39-49, North Africa, Eastern Front, early War and Counter Offensive. Making a total of ten expansion boosters issued. Note - Only the Vehicle scales were changed and all Soldier, Artillery and Planes remain unchanged for all ten sets. Both scales are legal and acceptable to be played in tournaments and matches. Having said that, they have reprinted some but not all of the 10-12 vehicles into 15mm in the last five sets. The 6th set, 1939-1945 was kind of a reprint of the base set but with 15mm vehicles and vanilla infantry. There were two starter sets. The first with 10-12mm mini’s in a cardboard box and the second in a box but with the mini’s in a blister pack on the front.

• so just to be clear, Do the units of the various sets overlap? is there a chance for example that I get a booster for early war and i get a unit that is also in another booster pack like the desert one of the 39-45 one?

• '18 Customizer

@spideyfan:

so just to be clear, Do the units of the various sets overlap? is there a chance for example that I get a booster for early war and i get a unit that is also in another booster pack like the desert one of the 39-45 one?

Yes you are correct. For example the Morris Armored car is in both Early war and NA. You can review sets here: http://www.tintirinti.com/search_AAM.aspx

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m