• Yes I believe it does.  When a capitol is liberated, it gets control of all territories that are controlled by friendly powers and that would include any facilities on those territories.  So if USA has built an IC in FIC for example, it would become property of France when Paris is liberated (yet another reason to not liberate Paris lol)

• thanks for the answer
    too bad for the french:)
    I think the norwegians would be more appreciative anyways:)

• PBEM does suck at times! Also agree with you alsch that the axis have the advantage. I just don’t like how America is supposed to do EVERYTHING. Like the allies can’t do anything much on their own without US being in their theatre. I’d love to see that airbase put back on gibralter and give UK a few more infantry to be realistic. I mean 336,000 men were evacuated from dunkirk. This is represented in 2 infantry divisions? They didn’t send their entire army to france as well. They had men and material left on UK to reinforce if necessary. To say that Germany starts off with 20 times more ground forces in europe than UK does in its own capital is ludicrous!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Vance:

Yes I believe it does.  When a capitol is liberated, it gets control of all territories that are controlled by friendly powers and that would include any facilities on those territories.  So if USA has built an IC in FIC for example, it would become property of France when Paris is liberated (yet another reason to not liberate Paris lol)

Except for China.  If you liberate a Chinese territory (and if you are the allies you have too) all industrial complexes are removed.

• @Vance:

@GeneralT:

@Cmdr:

D.�  DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN YOU NEED!�  Now is NOT the time to be greedy!�  Take Egypt (IC for Italy) and the Middle East, take England and Scotland sure.�  You dont need Gibraltar -fun, and be nice to get the Italian fleet out, but it also gives America a Naval Base later.�  Remember, the allies can take any British territory for themselves, so don’t take it unless you can defend it!�  Same for France!

Wait so once a country’s capitol falls its teritories can be captured and added to the IPC value of an ally? I must’ve missed that rule somewhere…

Only if both the territory and the capitol were both taken by the other side.  For example, suppose Germany takes Paris and Japan takes French Indo China, and then USA takes it back.  Because Paris is occupied they don’t liberate FIC for France; instead they occupy it until Paris is liberated.  In the meantime, USA gets the IPCs, they can build an IC there and mobilize units, etc.  It is a good reason for the axis to never take FIC (or Western France for that matter) unless they intend to defend them (e.g. it really sucks when USA has the IC in Western France).

The same would go for some places like South Africa after sea lion,  Suppose London falls, then Italy takes it, then USA takes it back.  USA would occupy it until London is liberated.  Â

Ah ok that makes sense. Ok thanks  :-) One more question… Is that an OOB rule or Alpha rule?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@GeneralT:

@Vance:

@GeneralT:

@Cmdr:

D.��  DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN YOU NEED!��  Now is NOT the time to be greedy!��  Take Egypt (IC for Italy) and the Middle East, take England and Scotland sure.��  You dont need Gibraltar -fun, and be nice to get the Italian fleet out, but it also gives America a Naval Base later.��  Remember, the allies can take any British territory for themselves, so don’t take it unless you can defend it!��  Same for France!

Wait so once a country’s capitol falls its teritories can be captured and added to the IPC value of an ally? I must’ve missed that rule somewhere…

Only if both the territory and the capitol were both taken by the other side.�  For example, suppose Germany takes Paris and Japan takes French Indo China, and then USA takes it back.�  Because Paris is occupied they don’t liberate FIC for France; instead they occupy it until Paris is liberated.�  In the meantime, USA gets the IPCs, they can build an IC there and mobilize units, etc.�  It is a good reason for the axis to never take FIC (or Western France for that matter) unless they intend to defend them (e.g. it really sucks when USA has the IC in Western France).

The same would go for some places like South Africa after sea lion,�  Suppose London falls, then Italy takes it, then USA takes it back.�  USA would occupy it until London is liberated.�  �Â

Ah ok that makes sense. Ok thanks  :-) One more question… Is that an OOB rule or Alpha rule?

It has been the rule for Classic, Revised, Anniversary and Global.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m