• Founder TripleA Admin

This means eliminating guest postings to the forums. Please let me know what you think via votes and responses.

This poll will run for 10 days.

Thanks.

• Vote Yes.

I have always been against Guest posting. It takes only seconds to register, and a number of great features are included.

• I voted No.

From a visitor’s perspective, it’s a waste of their time if they only have a simple one-time question. Who wants to go through all that registration just for one question? I mean, those that would normally return are going to register anyways, and those who only have quick question are not going to return just because they had to register. :roll:

As Administrators you should put a genereal ! posts like Read before posting… I didn’t join Because I didn’t know your credibility and I thought you had to give your address… just an assrance propaganda post :wink: :P … also tell them that you are not going to spam on there email…

just a thought,
    GG

• No. Freedom of speech! :o

@TG:

No. Freedom of speech! :o

???

• I vote yes… That will discourage much of the spam posts!

• No because alot of people just need to ask a simple question and get out, but yes also because alot of “guests” come here to act stupid and post spam.

• Actually now that I think about it, guest posting should be banned. Lately there have been alot of flame/spam posts by guests, and i’m sure everyone is sick of it.

• EXACTLY!!! :evil: :x

• the point is moot now, i guess.
    See the “gamesetmatch” post in Announcements.

• THANK YOU!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

• I vote yes… ban guest posting entirely. Like has been said, it only seems to encourage flaming posts. And I can’t see where most truly “casual” players who browse through the site will be affected by this at all. Most who are that casual in play and/or interest, and don’t wanna sign up are probably here to basically read up (and maybe get to the point where they can contribute strategies). And if you’re “up to speed” to be posting anything worthwhile here you’re almost certainly dedicated enough just to sign up in the first place. And of course those who don’t wanna sign up, but just find simple rules clarifications can learn to use the search function. :D So as long as the casual players can still browse around (which of course they would, being a message board after all) I see banning guest posts entirely as only being a positive thing. Freedom of speech? Phht! Nice thought, but whatever one may want/need to post “clinging to annonimity” probably isn’t worthwhile being here anyway. Seems to me 90% of the guest posts are simply from people who forgot they weren’t logged in… the other 10% tend to be flame can be lived without. ~ZP

• Oh, moot? Oops. Well was so certain of my response to this… seems never even got that far! :D ~ZP

• yes

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m