Can a sub go through an un friendly staright?(denmark)

• actually it is called skagerrak and kattegat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skagerrak

here you can see it as it is today.

greetz

• that id what i saw but it still does not answer my question. how deep is it?

• not more than 100 m.

better now? ;)

• damn the uk actualy took norway, and denmark by landing troops on both cutting my 7 subs from reaching the brit massive naval army(2bb s, 2cruisers, , and a sub as well as 4 transports and in sz#2 3 dd s 1 crusers and a transport).  and this is why i needed the rule to aply to denmark.
    @cminke:

thanks this is a game saver for germany

this as said by me is a mestake. i got excited when i saw “yes…” and did’nt realize it did’nt help me at all! :(

• I think the rule is mainly to help out Germany.  Perhaps it could be modified to allow subs out, because of the Kiel Canal?

• @Ruanek:

I think the rule is mainly to help out Germany.  Perhaps it could be modified to allow subs out, because of the Kiel Canal?

Basically, you’re proposing that control of West Germany allows subs (though the canal could fit all contemporary German ships) transit between the Baltic and North sea.  Which probably would be a fine house rule, but in most games it won’t ever come up as Germany has more fish to fry if they no longer control Denmark and rarely has so many subs in the baltic as cminke had.

The other problem with that logic is that if the Allies had control of Denmark, I find it suspect that the Kiel Canal would be safe as it is so near by and would be easily bombed (so maybe some subs could pass, but I think flotillas of them would be spotted and destroyed).

So essentially, if you control Denmark, you control the Danish Strait, and by virtue of being so close, you close off the Kiel Canal to anyone else.  Which basically makes the Kiel Canal, if it were on the map, function exactly like the Danish Strait - control Denmark, control passage between the Baltic and North Sea.  So in my opinion, adding in the Kiel Canal would be unnecessary as the Danish Strait accomplishes exactly that.

edited - the Bismark did transit through the canal

• You have a point.  Subs being able to go through the Danish straits or not (or the Kiel Canal) Germany probably has bigger things to worry about if Denmark falls.

• i did not see the transport in the mass of ships

• @cminke:

i did not see the transport in the mass of ships

What do you mean?

• the uk had a mass of ships comming from canada and the uk player slyly hidd 2 transports among them i thought they were just renforcments w/ out transportys. other wise i would have prepared

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m