Need help for first move of Russia

• I have played the second edition recently twice. I probably play very bad as Russia, USA and England, because both games we lost withou ever having a chance to win. Both times Russia had no clue what to do its first turn and that was immediately disastrous. What basically happend was that Germany took the Northern Russian country with its industry and anti=aircraft defense. From that point Moscow was under attack while the english fighters were shot down by the french anti-aircraft or iinfanterist. Then Japan destroyed the american Navy in the Hawaiian see en concuered the USA in Asia as well. So Usa was down 1 country and most of its see power. From that point the allies were almost without any chance. Pressure on Russia is huge (from Germany and Japan, although Germany, did not need Japan to destroy Moskou), USA has no power to attack Japan and England is quite weak as well.
    So, what should the allies do to prevent this from happening?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

build all men, and put them in large stacks.

Don’t attack with them unless you have overwhelming numbers and odds., let the Germans attack you.

• Russia especially needs to play defensively.  As Russia you generally shouldn’t attack unless the German counterattack wouldn’t take out more than you can afford to lose.  Large infantry stacks at key points can hold the line for a while while help comes (probably from the US).  The UK should play defensively too, trying to slow down the Axis wherever possible, especially if it can eliminate the German navy (destroying the Luftwaffe would help, too, but it’s generally not as easy to do so).  The USA should reinforce wherever needed (possibly northern Russia) and try to open another front with Germany (such as in France or Africa).  If I remember correctly in this version the US can get away with focusing mainly on Europe, but I could be wrong (though they should try to slow Japan too if possible).

• If you need some help, I think that many people who use Synthesia dont use the English everyday, but, as you see, we try to speak English here and we understand your soft
    So we can help you to translate

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m