• I’m looking for a place to ask questions about rules for the Axis and Allies boardgame. If this forum is the wrong plave for that, anyone know where I can go?

1 ) Combat. The manual states that the attacker goes first, then the defender. However, it also says that column #1 is resolved with first. If the attack has no units in column #1, but the defender does, how is this handled? Does the defender get first shot?

2 ) What is the average time to play a game of A&A?

I can come up with more things that I’d like clarified, but I want to see if this is the correct place to ask first.

Thanks in advance!

• Alright, someone else will be along who knows this better, but here goes:

Combat: the attacker rolls dice for his units, and whatever scores a hit removes a unit from the board. ex: you attack with 8 infantry, 5 armor. You roll 8 dice for the infantry and 5 dice for the armor. You roll a 1 with the 8 infantry dice, scoring 1 hit. You roll 2 2s and a 3 with the armor, scoring 3 more hits. The defender has to remove 4 units from the board, but those 4 get to shoot back before dying.

Dead defending units always retaliate, except naval units that get hit by subs.

Game length: my games tend to run between 4-8 hours, although I’m pretty novice. Expert games tend to take up entire weekends. :)

• The attacker always goes first (except if your attacking an area with an AA gun, then the gun shoots first then the attacker, and then the defender)

The numbers on the attack board designate the attack or defensive ‘‘roll’’ of a unit not the order it is played, example; tanks are in the 3 column on the attacker side, they attack at 3 or less, infantry defending must get a 2 or less since they are in the 2 column on the defensive side.

average game for me is about 12- 15 hours, if there are 5 people playing

In much simplier terms the coloums are nothing else then a game assistant not a dice determiner….

one game I played took 15 hrs but never mind :wink:

• Thanx for the simplication GG, when i was posting that i read it over and thought hopefully some one will understand that mess.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m