• 2007 AAR League

From what I here there are several differences in this game compared to past variants such as chance cards. So is the game worth getting? Thanks for your guys’s time and thoughts. Have a good one :D :wink:.

• Even if the game got horrible reviews and everyone hated it I still would have gotten it. I couldn’t sleep at night knowing that there was an A&A game out there that I didn’t have! :o

• i would also recomend getting it, even if i havent played it yet. I will tonight oh. I think ya should just because the games seem to get better and better as they come out.

• @Anonymous:

i would also recomend getting it, even if i havent played it yet. I will tonight oh. I think ya should just because the games seem to get better and better as they come out.

I thought there was no guest posting?

@MuthaRussia:

@Anonymous:

i would also recomend getting it, even if i havent played it yet. I will tonight oh. I think ya should just because the games seem to get better and better as they come out.

I thought there was no guest posting?

oh yes there is!!! they just don’t usually…

GG

• I forgot to turn it off when I created the new sub-forum :)

• I love the game. It is, however, more tactical whereas the regular game is more strategic (OK, I lifted that straight off of the avalon hilll site). It’s simple, quick, and damned tense and exciting, I find. A lot of opportunities for shouting! Plus, I love how it re-creates such an epic event. And, maybe I’m a little morbid, but it’s SO bloody :) Half the time I get shivers playing it, because it seems to show what hell the guys on the beach actually went through … but I’m pretty good at putting myself in the situation ;)
    Anyway, I love it. It’s the most fun A&A game I’ve found thus far, and the guy I play with agrees. You hardly even have to read the rulebook - just do what the card tells you. But, this doesn’t preclude you from making many important decisions … overall, great game.

• I finally got to play this game last night. we went though 2 games to round 5 before we found out we forgot a few rules and started over. Ya would be suprised how mad people get when they think they can stack 20 german units in 1 spot, but you can really only have 8. Anyways, i highly recomend this game, its action packed and really does a good job of ballancing i think. I mean, 4 fighters hitting 1 times each for each untin goin though? amazing. btw, sorry for the guest post, i coulda sworn i was signed in.

• I had put a “No” on this, but I found out we where messing up American reinforcements. You have to reinforce left to right, top to bottom, so it would restrict the US a BUNCH. The guy who was playing the US was just reinforcing in whichever was open. This severly changes everything. I literally held Utah for 5 turns with the Axis. He should not have had any reinforcements. :) BIG differance. I did not see how the Axis could win before. I should have looked more closely at what he was doing. I was just focusing on the side I was playing, which was the Axis.
    We will have to play afew more times now that we are playing it right, but I feel a no vote is wrong since I based it on false assumptions.

• I voted no !

Why ?

The game is not bad, I like it. BUT : it is way too expansive for what’s inside the box.

I’m certain this game is cool (even if I only played once) but I feel it will not be as cool as AARE. I also feel that the cost per fun hour is too high. It is almost as expansive as AARE but AARE provided me and my friends more than 60 hours of fun since I bought it. I know I will play AA D-Day a lot, but never as I used to play AARE with my friends…

• 2007 AAR League

Thanks for all of the responses everyone :D.

• @rustyblade1984:

I finally got to play this game last night. we went though 2 games to round 5 before we found out we forgot a few rules and started over. Ya would be suprised how mad people get when they think they can stack 20 german units in 1 spot, but you can really only have 8. Anyways, i highly recomend this game, its action packed and really does a good job of ballancing i think. I mean, 4 fighters hitting 1 times each for each untin goin though? amazing. btw, sorry for the guest post, i coulda sworn i was signed in.

The 8 unit rule was always being forgotten in the games I played today… and about the fighters… it does seem weird how many rolls they get but it’s need to balance the advantage the German’s have… and if you play with all the cards Tactical and Fortune… i’ve rolled 6’s and lost the use of some of my fighters for a turn… thats a real bitch… letting the German’s move without fear!

• @MOTS:

I voted no !

Why ?

The game is not bad, I like it. BUT : it is way too expansive for what’s inside the box.

I’m certain this game is cool (even if I only played once) but I feel it will not be as cool as AARE. I also feel that the cost per fun hour is too high. It is almost as expansive as AARE but AARE provided me and my friends more than 60 hours of fun since I bought it. I know I will play AA D-Day a lot, but never as I used to play AARE with my friends…

Well it may seem that way… but really enjoyed this game… it’s a fast paced game with each side always taking turns doing something… it really keeps both players in game… instead of waiting forever for your friend to think and make his moves etc. I also think it was a game that put a lot of work into being made and developed… you can tell it has a lot of details put into… they didn’t cut any corners to hurry it’s release. The $40 I spent was notting for how fun and challaging it is!

• @Youngstown:

Even if the game got horrible reviews and everyone hated it I still would have gotten it. I couldn’t sleep at night knowing that there was an A&A game out there that I didn’t have! :o

True… it’s a must have! I love the game!

• Fo Sho, the game is awesome. I don’t know what it is about it but as soon as I saw it knew it was gonna be a hit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m