• Q: With fighter strafing, can I only try and move in eight units, or can I keep moving in units until I get up to eight units?

A. You must declare all the units that are entering or leaving any zones that are subject to strafing before moving any of them. Your declared moves must be legal under the stacking limitation; you can’t declare that ten units will move into a zone with the expectation that two will be destroyed by enemy fighters. If you try to move eight units into a zone and two of those units are destroyed by strafing, then you’re left with six units in that zone.

@Krieghund Given the above, is it then true that ALL axis movement must be completed before rolling for strafing fighters? Rolling for strafing should be the last action of the “axis moves” card. (e.g. none of the movement phase for the axis is sequential, it is simultaneous) Do I have that right?

• @Krieghund rolling for strafing should be done after moving all axis units, even in zones that are not being strafed, right?

• @the_good_captain Yes. From page 16 of the Rulebook:

During this step, Axis land units move and patrolling Allied fighters react. Each fighter in a region rolls to strafe each Axis unit moving into or out of that zone, including reinforcements. The Axis player indicates all units that are moving, then the Allies fire one at a time against target units.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m