• …well attempting to get permission a second time on a 1940 map I’ve been working on based off of YG’s. About the only thing left to do with it are blowup boxes. I’m kind of curious from other gamers what you might think are congested areas that would be good for these blowup boxes. The limit is on four boxes for Europe and three for the Pacific. Any feedback would be really helpful, thanks.

• Sponsor

I honestly don’t understand why it is so important for you to get permission to share customized gaming materials. There are so many of us sharing maps, charts, cards, house rules here, and I’ve never heard of anyone being asked to stop. In fact, I think drawing attention to customizers by asking for permission to alter their property, might just force WOTC to look at what we’re sharing here, and blackout everything we’ve created. The only reason I can see for getting permission and licensing for copyright materials, would be for the purpose of selling and profiting from such customizations. Any request to WOTC to modify their own publications would surely be taken as an attempt to sell modifications of their product, why else would you be asking for permission a second time when they already told you “No”… just create your map and share it for free like the rest of us, and if they ask you to stop… then you stop. If you are showing WOTC my map file and asking them if you can modify it even more than what I’ve done, than I might get asked to stop… and that would really suck for a lot of people who love my map.

• Thanks for the comment YG. I was contemplating that particular side of the issue and I think your right about the unnecessary attention. I feel better about it I’ll just release the map on here next week and hope people enjoy it :-). Would you have any suggestions for those blow up boxes?

• Sponsor

@lthaut:

Thanks for the comment YG. I was contemplating that particular side of the issue and I think your right about the unnecessary attention. I feel better about it I’ll just release the map on here next week and hope people enjoy it :-). Would you have any suggestions for those blow up boxes?

Thanks Ithaut, I’m looking forward to seeing your map. When it comes to blowup boxes, I personally would have no more than 4, and instead of designating any of them to a particular space on the board (like one for London, one for Philippines etc…) I would just have a numerical value in each box so that players can just put a counter or dice on the board representing where the units in box #1 are for example… but that’s just the way I would do it. I would even make the boxes different sizes perhaps, but I wouldn’t dot the board with tons of them.

• '14 Customizer

I agree these blowup boxes are going to be relative to the game your playing.  Maybe Gibraltar gets stacked this game or maybe Besarabia. Its going to change from game to game.  I modified my map to have an enlarged seazone for 110 where the allies normally stack their navy.

• Try placing them in the northern Canadian territories, Alaska, and the northern Soviet Union. These are large territories that see little action in the game, so it’s justifiable to create blowup boxes in them, probably 8 or more.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m