• I think air is the key to winning the war.

me and a couple of my buddies were playing A and A a little under a week ago, and we found that the bomber being 15 ICP’s was strong on offense, but only had 1 shot with a 4 or less, we since its a bomber, and in reality it hits more then one thing, we decided to make a rule such as

at the beginning of attacking with your bomber, you roll 1 dice, whatever that number is, is how many attacks the bomber gets.
    we also made a dog fight rule, you can declear a dog fight between two nations fighters in the defending and attacking area.

• air units are the most versatile units within the game rules, and sometimes the most powerful, if there are large stacks,
    heavy bomber tech combined with good movement and deployment of 2 -3 heavy bombers can cause huge walkovers and destruction of opposing defence formations,

@orion-21:

at the beginning of attacking with your bomber, you roll 1 dice, whatever that number is, is how many attacks the bomber gets.

i would not agree with that rule if it means that a bomber could get 6 shots a round 12 with heavy bombers,

having ground units for defence would be meaningless, with 2 heavy bombers rolling six hits a round and a few ground units to capture a territory, a defence of 10 - 14 could be crushed after 1 round,

however, if that is the balance of the rule, i would think that dice mecanic could be used for a nuke techh house rule,
    it would be totally devestating to the defender,

or nuke strenght could be purchased with heavy bombers, 1 - 10, cost 3 I.P.C. per number of hits,

it would work like this,

when heavy bombers are achieved, buy 5 hit’s for 15 I.P.C.
    a heavy bomber would roll 10 dice at 4 for 1 round

• @orion-21:

I think air is the key to winning the war.

I’m thinking any rule(s) that makes it that decisive needs serious revision. Douhet was wrong.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m