• Usually, my opponent will begin landing in Normandy as soon as he has a) a transport and b) a land unit to put on it, and just relentlessly assaults both france and the netherlands as soon as he has both these elements. But in order to take out Britain’s entire beginning fleet off the coast, I have found that I need both all of the subs, and all of the German airforce save the fighter in Poland. However, I have also found that the planes I have in Germany need to be used against the Soviets on the first turn in order for me to have a shot at taking Moscow quickly. How should I deal with this situation?

• There are three things that need to happen to stymie the Allied fleets & potentially win the game.

1) Use all your aircraft against the British fleet. Try to use aircraft in concert with subs or warships to help dismantle Allied shipping.

2)Always build subs. The only way to keep the Allied navies in check is to maintain a large fleet of subs to quickly deal with any threats.

3)Do Not attack Russia on G1. Force them to attack you & trade land for time as you ship units into the Mid-East to flank them from the South.

• @irobot7474:

Usually, my opponent will begin landing in Normandy as soon as he has a) a transport and b) a land unit to put on it, and just relentlessly assaults both france and the netherlands as soon as he has both these elements. But in order to take out Britain’s entire beginning fleet off the coast, I have found that I need both all of the subs, and all of the German airforce save the fighter in Poland. However, I have also found that the planes I have in Germany need to be used against the Soviets on the first turn in order for me to have a shot at taking Moscow quickly. How should I deal with this situation?

While you will want the Air Force in the East, you NEED to kill the Royal Navy. On turn two you can think about moving your planes where they can best harrass the Soviets, but the more Allied navy you kill in Round 1, the more time you have to take Moscow. You can even take both American convoy routes, as well as kill America’s two initial ships if you are daring, but it takes 2-4 subs, and that’s less to use against UK, who IS the primary target.

Focus on taking as many convoy routes as possible while still killing as much UK navy as possible. With that accomplished, the one-turn delay getting your air-force east will be a speed bump, not a brick wall.

• @C_Strabala:

1. Use all your aircraft against the British fleet. Try to use aircraft in concert with subs or warships to help dismantle Allied shipping.

Agreed.

2)Always build subs. The only way to keep the Allied navies in check is to maintain a large fleet of subs to quickly deal with any threats.

If you build navy at all, then yeah, build subs…I find the need for navy largely depends on how well UK did on defensive rolls in rd 1.

3)Do Not attack Russia on G1. Force them to attack you & trade land for time as you ship units into the Mid-East to flank them from the South.

While I do like the strategy of flanking via the middle east, I think that it is better to attack Russia in round one…lightly, but take some land, and force him to expose himself to counterattack if he tries to take it back.

Also, Middle east shipping requries naval investment that I am often loathe to spend IPCS on…initially you need tanks to press Russia, later you need inf for counterattacks against US/UK landings.

• @Aretaku:

While I do like the strategy of flanking via the middle east, I think that it is better to attack Russia in round one…lightly, but take some land, and force him to expose himself to counterattack if he tries to take it back.

Also, Middle east shipping requries naval investment that I am often loathe to spend IPCS on…initially you need tanks to press Russia, later you need inf for counterattacks against US/UK landings.

Even if not going for the “tank stack”, taking a round to allow INF to get into Poland before invading Russia is not necessarily a bad idea.  (Also allows troops from the Balkans vicinity to get abit closer.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m