• hello fellow customizer’s and enthusiasts,

So finally received my HBG british supplement units to my excitement today.  Unfortunately, one of my sterling heavy bombers is bent and twisted bad :( does anyone know how too fix reshape this, or has had this issue in the past? If I don’t have a heat gun, what other alternatives are there?  I don’t want too mess this piece up because you only get two of the sterlings and it is my favorite piece in the set.

Thanks for any opinions suggestions

• '16 Customizer

My suggestion is to write to HBG, explaining the problem, and attach a photo of the piece. They are generally good about quality control refunds. My Russian Supplement set had some messed up T34s with backwards turrets, and some problems with the KV-1s and Katyushas. They refunded me some of my money. The piece is probably beyond saving if you don’t have a heat gun.

• Customizer

Use some very hot but not boiling water. Dip the piece into said water and remove. Bend it into proper shape then dip into very cold water.

This technique will work just fine usually and is pretty normal with the type of plastic and scale of miniature.

Hope this helps. I’ve done this myself a number of times and has worked great.

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

Use some very hot but not boiling water. Dip the piece into said water and remove. Bend it into proper shape then dip into very cold water.

This technique will work just fine usually and is pretty normal with the type of plastic and scale of miniature.

Hope this helps. I’ve done this myself a number of times and has worked great.

––I’ve used the above technique and it’s very EFFECTIVE!

Tall Paul

• '14 Customizer

Agreed, I used the above method to fix some subs before.  Works great!

jwo1984 - I also had a Stirling Bomber with a bent tail wing from my UK set.  I ordered 4 sets and some were grey because I told them I could care less about the pieces color since I planned to paint them.  What was interesting was that my tan colored set did NOT come with scout cars but my grey sets did come with them.

• Hmm interesting cynight…. I recieved 4 hurricane fighters with my set… Is that standard with the order?  Thanks for the boiling water method I will try that this weekend and hopefully be Painting some units this weekend :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m