What is your favorite country to play?

• Whoa
    out of 27 votes the US has ZERO.

I thought of voting US because its one of the harder countries to learn to play right, you have to think a few turns forward all the time and you have a real hard time changing your strategy with the US because of their distance, where other countries basically can decide their buys for the moment.
    But then I thought how much fun it is to play Japan and placed my vote there.

• I voted Japan, but agree that US has been undervalued. They have a whole lot of options as to how they want to play, the first and largest of which is who they want to fight. UK is generally wrapped up in Germany, and Russia has to fight both fronts whether they like it or not, but the US can concentrate in the Pacific or head over to Europe, with a plethora of strategy options for both.

• I will go with the US because it is more of a challange to involve them in the rescue effort on both sides of the board.  If Arrica is saved in the first round than the us must save  Russia and dump tanks in Asia.

• @clownsy:

If Africa is saved in the first round than the us must save Russia and dump tanks in Asia.

easier said then done…

• What the snot is arrica?

• a tipyng mistake  :-P

• Its pretty obvious what Arrica is… so why did you make a comment on it?

• Umm because I obviously don’t have your genious level inteligence so It was not obvious to me.  I would like the freedom to ask questions with out smart alleck remarks from the peanut gallery.  My question still has not been answered.  Is it america?

• @clownsy:

I will go with the US because it is more of a challange to involve them in the rescue effort on both sides of the board. If Arrica is saved in the first round than the us must save Russia and dump tanks in Asia.

I’m pretty sure clownsy is referring to Africa, as America doesn’t need anyone to save them in the first round. Besides R and F is pretty close to each other on the keyboard, so it would be pretty hard to mistype America to arrica.
    Besides I would like to state that my previous comment wasn’t in any way meant as an insult of any kind!

-Daniel Malus

• What does “comment from peanut gallery” actually mean?  I’ve heard this phrase over and over again.

Also, I have never said in this forum that I am a genius.  I’m in highschool and understood the typo right away, and I don’t think many people under highschool play this game (I may be wrong).  So my thinking was that if I could understand it, everyone else did too.

In a lot of places people will ask what they mean when someone mispronounces something just to be a jerk, so I thought this was somewhat similar.  Sorry if I offended you.

• LOL, I noticed the typo when I read the thread, but it didn’t bother me and I even copied this carelessly in my previous thread…

well, not that it is still there, now :-)
    I modified my previous post in this thread…

• Ok I need to clarify.  I wasn’t all that offended, (its hard to offend me on an message board about a game) I was being a smart butt.  But I for the life of me could not understand what arrica was.  Thanks for the explanation.  I was not able to put the clues together like the rest of you were.

• I think USA is the most fun to play given all the options they have ( Pacific, atlantic, Africa, bombers….) but only if you plan on finishing the game. I played so many times where the US force was getting to a point where they would matter and some players would have to go to sleep or wherever they had to be. It’s like getting out without cumming  :wink:. England is another fun country, which has a more options than the US (if you let go of the classic bridge to Norway/WEur) but they lack the funds to fully exploit them.

• I think that Germany’s the most fun b/c it’s the most intense. There’s never a dull moment for the Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, or Kriegsmarine.

• Funny…  I think the Kreigsmarine often experiences dull play.  Usually by about Turn 4 of so, they are all on the bottom :-P

• 2007 AAR League

not if you protect them from turn one. they are crucial on a KGF

• I meant to add that… the fun ends for the German navy pretty quickly…

The Carrier is a nice addition. After years of resistance I’ve dropped my pride and in my current game added one. Although I lost my Baltic fleet on U.S.4, it allowed me to control the north against determined Allied play through G4. I could have devoted more IPCs and held it longer, but I cut my losses and pulled my Ftrs. More meat and potatoes were needed.

So I’ve finally seen the  light- the G1 Carrier/ 8 Inf build is solid…damn you all…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m