• Hey everybody!
        I have been playing A&A  boardgames for a long time now. However, I recently have gotten into the minis. I never have a lot of cash on me, but want to have a lot of options for my army. I am primarily an Axis type of guy and my friend likes the allies. My question is, should we just trade our units so we can each have our own large armies to play, or should i keep my allied units? Would i be missing out on something? I’m not sure, you know. Just checking. By the way, the game is awesome.

-Kevin :mrgreen:

• That’s all a matter of preference. If you never want to play Allies, then trade them off. If you do, keep them.

If you do trade them, make sure they’re fair trades. This means that you might get stuck with a few Allied pieces for a while or something, but then again you might not care about even trades and just hand over all your Allied for your friend’s Axis.

-=Grim=-

• Thanks man, I guess it is my choice. I kinda got screwed with my friend as i traded off my Crococile for some poor units. However, He promised me all his axi s units in his next 2 boosters! =D I might start a small russian force too. Thanks for the input - Kevin

• As it happens I just finished an article for new players; check out page 16-17 here http://wizo.wizards.com/ka/archive/KnowledgeArcana05.pdf

Personally I’d keep both Axis & Allied units if you could. If you only want to play a nation or two from each then trade off those you don’t want for those you do.  If you can find a FLGS carrying AAM singles then you can build a decent and cheap army just using commons and uncommons.

• Oh man, I hope he gives you a Tiger I or an IS-2 (if you plan on doing those Reds!) for that Croc. The Croc is one of the best units in the game for the Allies, at least in my humble opinion. It’s cheap and nasty and most Allied armies use it. Yea, that dude owes you some good stuff!

:-o

-=Grim=-

• Yeah dude, ima get some russian units from him too cause he owes me a lot. Ill get his fanatical sniper, archer, and i forget which other russian tank. Then he owes me some crazy stuff. I need to talk to him. Der Leiter, your article was very helpful. Gave me some valuable insight. I have yet to acquire ANY SS units at all besides my haupsturmfueher.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Is that article property of Avalon Hill or would you like to put a copy of it on the website? With a link at the top to the original, of course.

@Der:

As it happens I just finished an article for new players; check out page 16-17 here http://wizo.wizards.com/ka/archive/KnowledgeArcana05.pdf

Personally I’d keep both Axis & Allied units if you could. If you only want to play a nation or two from each then trade off those you don’t want for those you do.  If you can find a FLGS carrying AAM singles then you can build a decent and cheap army just using commons and uncommons.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Even if you can’t or don’t want to post articles from that newsletter. If you let me k now when new issues come out and when then have AAM articles, I’ll post a news item about it on the website.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Well, I posted a news item on the website about Knowledge Arcana.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m