• in this game A&A revised all of the countries have more/different units, countries, money ect.  how does this change your strategy with germany compared to the perviouse A&A.  also it is just as easy if not a bit easier for the good old U.S.S.R to hold out this game.  what is your adice on conquering the USSR, while holding off the united kingdome and the good old USA.  i find it that if germany moves its vast majority of its tanks and troops, and leaves a skeloton crew in the south ( ukrain, bulgeons etc) they will have a good chance.  however u need to build nothing but tanks and stuff.  u also need to take as much as africa as possible using as little as possible.  no need to reinforce africa, cause germany cant waist the resoirces.

• build lots of infantry every round, and pray. :-D

• germany actually has a naval option now,( 8-)) if you ignore your baltic navy you put yourself in a hole in my opinion because uk/usa ramp up their trannie fleet faster.  with the lack of ability on the allies part to really effectively stop japan germany’s role is more defensive in my estimation unless you can somehow intimidate uk/usa (again you will ned a fleet in the atlantic) and keep africa longer than usual. hang on and wait for japan.  if the allies try and go for the japs then you can unleash the dogs of war on poor russia, but don’t count on it very often.

there are tons of threads about germany on this sight, i constantly refer my play group here hoping to reduce their learning curve, i think it is working :-) our games are getting more competitive

• 2007 AAR League

In my opinion Germany has a strong possition.

of course this depends on your course of action in G1.

My favorite opening is to send that sub in the atlantic+bomber+fighter to attack the UK´s  fleet, (transport+battleship and sometimes a russian sub…)

I usually get the job done and wipes them (7-8 of 10 tries),

Depending on how much the Russians attack i counter attack and build either 8 tanks or battleship + 3 tanks G1 and 3 tanks and a factory in G2 (with goes to ukraine)….

• In my opinion Germany has a strong possition.

of course this depends on your course of action in G1.

My favorite opening is to send that sub in the atlantic+bomber+fighter to attack the UK´s  fleet, (transport+battleship and sometimes a russian sub…)

I usually get the job done and wipes them (7-8 of 10 tries),

Really? A dice simulator shows barely over 1/3 chance of wiping out a battleship/sub/transport if you send in sub/fighter/bomber.

• 2007 AAR League

if it goes bad you usually have the bomber left, it´s well worth the try, (and even if you only manages to get the sub and transport, but can keep your bomber that is good…)

Maybe im a lucky guy i don´t know but it works quite well,but of course it´s a better chance if the sub isn´t there. (some russian players like to put it in the way of the german fleet…

• I personally do not like risking the Luftwaffe over a few Allied ships.

I can deal with the invasions, but not having a strong Luftwaffe is death (for me).

• Nix, you usually don’t have a bomber left. Well, you may, but it is statistically unlikely. If you want to play by made up odds because by some miracle the holy one has blessed your dice, go ahead. For us mere mortals though, we like to stick to the actual odds of an attack, and what the benefits are to it. Even if you get LUCKY and kill his units, you still lose your fighter and bomber. Not really a worthy trade in my book.

• it is a maybe without the russian sub but i wouldn’t even consider it with red october there. i am a believer in the fighter every round for germany approach because i like hitting fleets and sinking transports, slows the ubiquitous shuck-shuck. however, i have been enjoying observing (passively) the octo/switch duel (as have many i’m sure, thanks guys) and never thought germany would do so well when uk had both bb in the water still.  great turtle octo!

• 2007 AAR League

Well after my disapointing attack on that fleet while playing Bebo i will mostlikley stop using that tactic…

I wanted to use it while i belived that transports couldn´t load/offload if the sea zone next to their target was occupied by hostile troops…

Now UK/USA can land pretty much on will anyway so it´s better to conserve the strenght of the luftwaffe…

Probably better to use the Bmb to invade Egypt etc…  (witch i thought you couldn´t on turn 1 before…)

If some of you have spare time to waste you could check my game vs bebo, and give some critcism to my strat, allways funn to hear new peoples opinion on things…

While playing with pretty much the same people over and over again you tend to get a narrow mind of the available strategys.

• @Octopus:

I personally do not like risking the Luftwaffe over a few Allied ships.

I can deal with the invasions, but not having a strong Luftwaffe is death (for me).

I know, you even ignored unguarded trannies and opted for an SBR instead of attacking navy.

• octo’s contempt of her majesty’s royal navy has been interesting

• Yes, but with that 30 division spearhead of his, it has also WORKED.
    :mrgreen:

• he plays axis very similar to my approach, i just try and sink trannies as well but i can’t argue with 30 divisions any more than you :-o

• Nope, can;t argue with them… can;t even think seriously about hitting them with 2 BB’s, 8 ARM, 7 INF and a FIG.  Just kills the INF screen…

• I find that Germany can win games with lots of infantry massing into one territory.  Then when their infantry is ready to attack, you buy tanks so that when you make the breakthrough they will be their for the final push into Russia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m