• @Deviant:Scripter:

Well, I hate to break it to everyone, but the drug trade into this country takes a backseat to many other things. To prove this you need look no further than Afganhistan…where local warlords are being paid off, and the US military explicity allows the opium trade to flourish.

Is opium illegal in Afganistan? If it is not then the US should not try to stop it. US laws do not apply to non-US citizens living in a foreign country.

• I like the way Stalin and Hitler handled crime. Some guy commits a crime, and he is caught. Then the Gestapo or the KGB say “Get into the ditch. Lie down and don’t scream when the gun goes off.” Crime rates go down when all the criminals are dead. Good people will be alive and as long as food and water are in good supply everything is good. Screw court precedings for a criminal caught red handed. Now, if it was questionable about whether or not the person is guilty, then a fair trial would be ordered. This is my last post in this topic so any more attacks on my political beliefs are futile.

• Even if you don’t answer, you might still read this:
    What about hacking off the hands of thieves, stoning of adulterers … what else…
    we could force women not to show any skin, so that men have no incentive to rape them…

And of course, Hitler and Stalin took as many non criminals and handled them the same… while fair trials were totally unknown, especially on the ethnical side.

Last, i don’t see the futility in showing the inhumanity in your beliefs.

• gee, i better watch it, im so conservative it borders fascism. :o

• @Desertfox:

@Deviant:Scripter:

Well, I hate to break it to everyone, but the drug trade into this country takes a backseat to many other things. To prove this you need look no further than Afganhistan…where local warlords are being paid off, and the US military explicity allows the opium trade to flourish.

Is opium illegal in Afganistan? If it is not then the US should not try to stop it. US laws do not apply to non-US citizens living in a foreign country.

North Korea has deemed chemical/biological/nuclear weapons legitimate, and classified them as conventional tactics. Do we not try to stop this?

You’re wrong. It’s better to take the fight overseas rather than let it reach our homeland, regardless of the price we have to pay. This holds true for the war on terrorism as well. :-? Better to fight them over there, than over here

I can understand what you’re trying to say, but unfortunately the world does not work in that pipedream. The reality exists that countries do what they have to do, in order to ensure the safety of their country. But I do agree with you on one important point…the fact that US laws do not apply to non-US citizens…

@Desertfox:

@Deviant:Scripter:

North Korea has deemed chemical/biological/nuclear weapons legitimate, and classified them as conventional tactics. Do we not try to stop this?

You’re wrong. It’s better to take the fight overseas rather than let it reach our homeland, regardless of the price we have to pay. This holds true for the war on terrorism as well. :-? Better to fight them over there, than over here

I can understand what you’re trying to say, but unfortunately the world does not work in that pipedream. The reality exists that countries do what they have to do, in order to ensure the safety of their country. But I do agree with you on one important point…the fact that US laws do not apply to non-US citizens…

how many USies think like you do? If it is more than a few percent, then the reason for 9/11 becomes considerably clearer to me.

How non economic.
    If the price to fight here is less than to fight there … why would you bring the fight there?

The reality exists that countries do what they have to do, in order to ensure the safety of their country. But I do agree with you on one important point…the fact that US laws do not apply to non-US citizens…

“to ensure safety of their country” … the point is that europe has been through this, when nations tried to ensure “their safety” by thinking for what is best for them only, working uni- or bilaterally. Then still, there was the need for major conferences of all major powers. And still, exactly this thinking lead to WWI. Know your history, and learn.
    For the “US laws don’t apply to non-US citizens” … have you even thought of the obvious?
    Te terrorists attacks on New York were done by non-US citizens … YAY! there was nothing wrong with them then, no laws broken !
    I should really come over and burn down your house … YAY! i did nothing illegal!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m