• This poll may have been done before, but I have’t seen it… It seems easier to do Norway/Finland, but it take longer and creates only one front. D-Day is tougher to pull off, but you have the Eastern and Western fronts, plus you get 6 IPC’s for France.

• If playing Allies alone I prefer D-Day as it make the Germany/Axis player decide how to split/position his/their forces.

If playing with partners it dependes on USSR play… if lousy I go to Operation Rodina Rescue.

• I like to try to go the Norway route ,but when Germany builds up in EE ,and leaves WE kinda weak I like to go in ,grab troops ,and do the D-day invasion,as long as I don’t leave Karelia too weak.

• Other

If playing 2nd ed rules (no air retreat), then Norway initially and may be Spain later.

If playing 3rd ed rules, then D-day and may be 1-2-3 punch on EE.

Never did SE.

• DDay in WE, but then Spain if that gets too dicey.

• i go with d-day when im using UK. but usually i use the russian INF/tanks for the main assault on Germany, with UK support

• 2007 AAR League

I know, I’m a little strange, but I like to go straight for Berlin through the sea north of Germany.

• @UKcommander:

I know, I’m a little strange, but I like to go straight for Berlin through the sea north of Germany.

Oooh, classy! Nobody would expect that…are you the Spanish Inquisition?

• @Grigoriy:

@UKcommander:

Oooh, classy! Nobody would expect that…are you the Spanish Inquisition?

NOBODY expects . . . the Spanish Inquisition.
    Fear and suplise - those are our two chief weapons . . .

• And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope…our THREE weapons…

• Fetch the comfy chair!

NOW! Poke her with the cushions!

• Turn the …

sigh

turn the rack …

• @cystic:

Fear and suplise - those are our two chief weapons . . .

Doncha mean…
    “Feal and suplise” with your really bad Japanese accent?

• I start off in Finland to support the Russians in Kar.

After 3-4 turns and sufficient transport additions. I look for the 1-2 US/UK to either Spain, WE or Ger for the backbreaker.

Spain sets up the US to assault WE. US Fighters can also land there. Ger cannot effectively attack b/c most of its armor is in EE.

The Spain or WE landing from the Azores sea zone also allows you to land some UK troops into Algeria for the Africa campaign. This also threatons SE.

• As the UK, I prefer D-Day, mostly because US forces can follow up before Germany’s next move. Italy is also good, but tricky to pull off (takes 2 turns unless someone has an IC in Africa).
    Don’t ignore Eastern Europe, either - especially if USSR still holds Karelia. Attack requires overwhelming force (or luck), but if it works it cuts Germany off from the front and allows Russia to reinforce you or blitz through.
    Finland/Norway is usually a dead end; fine for a raid, but not a big enough deal to draw significant forces away from the Russian front.

• I will always do D-Day through Spain. Even if I’m not planing to I will land troops in Spain to make the Germans think I will do it. You’d be surprised how mayn German troops can be tied down in WEurope because of a Spain landing.

• yeah spain first then france and if the russians need it, eastern europe

• Is a really bad idea assuming the Germans have built up a really big stack there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m