• what do you think is the best thing to do with the $12 that is given to you at the beginning of the game??? I want suggestinons for both axis and allies.

• Axis:
    Depends on where you’re going to be most aggressive.
    Maybe build artillery and troops near Egypt, if not maybe build a fighter or artillery near the Russian front.
    Allies:
    I usually build 4 soldiers; 2 in Egypt, 2 in Ukraine/Belorussia/etc.

• Germany-3 artillery in finnland always helps taking out leningrad or archangel.

also buying a transport for the baltic sea is good because you can send 4 infantry to leningrad. I have used this one alot and it always works unless russia buys 4 infantry in leningrad with the allied $12

• I took someone’s advice and built a transport for Germany and 1 artillery. The trans I put in the Baltic SZ and the Gun in Finland. Took LeninGrad on the 1st turn and turned the Soviet Northern Flank.

Allies-our group usually gives it all to Russia- who puts 4 inf in Moscow, or saves it.

• sherman, ive only ever seen the $12 spent on russian infantry, mainly because russia gets beat down horribly by germany at the beginning of the games ive played.

I’ve only played 8 - 10 games of A&AE… and i never read the rules… and the last 3 games i played as germany, without the extra $12 at start. and i pounded russia - winning at the beginning of my 5th turn.

Next game - ill get the $12 and hurt them even worse. hurrah!

• I usually build 4 soldiers; 2 in Egypt, 2 in Ukraine/Belorussia/etc.

As far as I know, you can only place those buys where you already have units.

German: 3 Artillery in Finland
    Allies:2 Infantry in Egypt, 2 Infantry in East Poland

• in order effectiveness:

4 inf hungary
    1 sub halifax 1 rtl hungary/poland
    1 fighter somewhere

anything else is worthless, or is just a variation of the above

artillary in finland is a waste as are units near egypt. Remember, the goal is to take moscow (or the uk.) Not to get a lot of money!!

• When I took Lenningrad the Russian player had 2 choices take it back or defend Moscow. Hew chose to pile an inf stack in moscow so that left me much closer. With the 2 trans already had and no British warships around
    (Brit Player did SBR and luckily My AA Gun and a Fighter got his Bomber) it worked well this time. Won’t work a second time, though!

• I mentioned that anything else is worthless, this wrong. There are potentially other placements that could be good, what I really meant to say is other placements people have mentioned are in my mind, worthless.

• Axis

1ftr- Frn or Nit
    1 sub- Halifax Save 4ipcs
    Save 12ipcs

Allies

1dstr- White Sea
    1ftr- Belo
    1sub- Celtic Sea, Save 4ipcs

• it all really depends on my mood.
    Gemany - i have started purchasing subs in order to harrass allied shipping further. Then bank/buy an artillery w/ the rest (usually to go near the front.
    On occassion i’ve purchased another plane for France, or 4 more inf for Poland etc.
    Allies - hard to say. i’ve purchased 2 inf for Malta (defend a 12 ipc plane), and put it on the Russian front in the form of inf.

• I don’t get the point of putting men on malta. It is extremely rare that germany even attacks it, and if they do, it helps the allies

• The point is that the Malta plane will not stay there, but either reinforce the soviets or the middle east. Thus, i don’t think it is a bad move for G1 to attack there as long as there is no fodder to protect it.

• no one ever attacks malta germany turn 1. The reason is simple. first of all, you will lose a man, but more importantly, you can’t use your battleship’s second hit against the destroyer. Instead you have to use subs or even air.

the only advantage men on malta may have is to be transported somewhere later on

• I think anyone who doesn’t see the importance of Germany taking Malta on G1 is missing one key point. Let’s say Germany doesn’t attack Malta and the British plane stays. So on the next turn B1 Britain will have a fighter, destroyer, transport and a bomber (which can reach the med. and land in Malta) to use against the BB, DD and Trns of the Germans. So if Germany’s rolls don’t go well then the German fleet in the med. is gone and therefore so is any chance for Germany to get Mid East Oil. Germany could spend some money on building up its fleet in the Med. but Germany cannot afford to take resources away from the Russian front.

• Bshp to Gibraltar, Dstr+Trn to Malta…

The Uk can only counter with Dstr+Trn vs Dstr+Trn, slight adv. to the defender…

• the point is, expert players never get oil money, it’s a waste of resources and the benifits come to late. I am happy to trade the battleship destroyer and transport for 2 uk fighters (after it has killed a destroyer)
    The german med fleet does much better in the atlantic harassing the allies.

@lnxduk:

the point is, expert players never get oil money, it’s a waste of resources and the benifits come to late. I am happy to trade the battleship destroyer and transport for 2 uk fighters (after it has killed a destroyer)

Alright that is true….

Allies: 4 inf. in east poland

Axis: 3 art in finland

• @Guerrilla:

@lnxduk:

the point is, expert players never get oil money, it’s a waste of resources and the benifits come to late. I am happy to trade the battleship destroyer and transport for 2 uk fighters (after it has killed a destroyer)

Alright that is true….

Allies: 4 inf. in east poland

Axis: 3 art in finland

this isn’t the point.
    If i’m Germany, i am trying to ice the UK plane every time if it is on its own. That is a sweet piece of hardware that i would love to get rid of for the price of an inf. Oil sands taking is just gravy (and i do like gravy).
    So if i’m UK - an inf to protect the ftr is in my mind, an appropriate use of 3 ipcs worth of infantry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m