• Hi,

I got this game a few days ago and am enjoying it hugely but have been having arguments over the following situations. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

1. Is the world treated as being spherical? i.e can a naval unit move from the New Zealand sea zone to the Alaskan sea zone? I know you can move from left to right on the board and vice versa but from top to bottom?

2. Can a tank blitz from an amphibious landing? i.e it lands in an unoccupied enemy territory and can continue on?

3. Transport bridging. If a transport is used for bridging can it still leave the sea zone and transport other units on the same turn?

4. Submarines. Is it true they can be attacked by aircraft? In our first game we assumed it wasn’t but upon reading the rules discovered it was. How are submarines used effectively if they are such an easy target for aircraft?

5. Do Axis ever win? lol :D

Cheers

1. You CANNOT move from top to bottom.

2. NO, once a tank is dropped off it can’t move any further.

3. NO, once a transport unloads its’ cargo it can no longer move.
    You can load 2 units, move, then unload or
    Move 1 or 2 squares, load, move remaining square(s) (if applicable) then unload but
    You CAN’T unload then move.

4. YES, they can be atacked by aircraft. They can however submerge or retreat (depending on which version of the rules you use) so if the plane misses you can flee.
    Subs should probably be accompanied by other ships to protect against this, either lots of trans or a AC or Battleship.
    You also probably won’t see many sub purchases esp in the Atlantic. The Allies usually own the Atlantic by rd 2 or 3 and it does no good to buy German subs.
    You might need them in the Pacific though, for the US or Japan, and they are probably out of reach of most planes.

5. They need help, usually bid or rule changes for experienced players.
    However, with beginners the game is pretty even, it only becomes unbalanced when the Allies fully understand that they have to work together and coordinate attacks. Basically the constant 3 on 1 eliminate Germany first strat causes the biggest trouble for the Axis and at that point Germany needs help such as a bid (Germany gets a few extra units to start with or extra starting cash)

• 1. You can only go around the world east-west, not north-south. Just think about how it would actually work. If you went north from Alaska, crossed the pole and continued south you would end up north of England or Norway somewhere. If you were in New Zealand and went south, crossed the pole and then coninued North you would end up in the South Atlantic.

2. Blitzing is not allowed off transports.

3. A tranports tuen is done once it drops off any units. It can pick up move and drop off, or move pick up and drop off, or move pick up move and then drop off.

There has been some discussion about dropping off in more then territory adjacent to the same sea zone. My opinion is you should not be allowed to. How is a transport going to drop off in Norway and France on the same turn? Just doesn’t make sense.

4. Planes can attack subs, but not the other way around. They are easy target for aircraft and usually the Japanese sub is the only one that survives past the first round.

A lot of people think they are a waste of money and usually that is true. However, if your sole purpose is to sink ships, they are the best unit on the board. The only time I see subs being useful is if you can get the Japanese fleet into the Atlantic. With the defense support of two Battleships and a loaded carrier, a few subs would be very useful in destroying the allied shipping.

5. The axis can win, but usually only if there are bids.

• Cheers fellas :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m