• @dezrtfish:

I guess scare it realy not the term I mean. I haven’t realy been scared of a movie since I saw Phantasam when I was about 9.

How about “Stir of Echos” with Kevin Bacon. Not scarey, but I thought it was a good paranormal thriller. When I see a movie like that it kind of gives me the willies.

Ever seen an old B movie called “The Hills Have Eyes”?

I saw that when I was like 6 and I still chach myself looking over my shoulder when I am camping. But I saw it through the eyes of a 6 year old. :o

stir of echoes and the 6th sense gave me the creeps, i have to admit.

• '19 Moderator

@cystic:

stir of echoes and the 6th sense gave me the creeps, i have to admit.

Yeah after 6th sense you kind of wonder about things, like who’s watching when you think your alone and you get a shiver up your spine :o

• '19 Moderator

@El:

The Ring is somewhat along the old Hitchcock horror genre…as was stated “no gore” and no blood, too, if I remember correctly.

It seamed to me to be simmilar to that blair witch movie. Kind of artistic.

That’s a funny story for me. When Blair witch came out I was sitting at home and that “documentary” came on. I was so interested I didn’t even notice that it was on the Sci-fi Channel.

Then my wife called me and said she got sneek preview tickets to some new scary movie.

So I was all set up to fall for it and I saw it before anyone new it was fiction. There were some parts that didn’t seem right though so I waited until the credits rolled and looked to see if there were stunt people listed. There are. :) That movie didn’t realy do that much for me though, exept for the camera shots kind of made me sea sick. I guess it was supposed to do that though.

• SciFi and Horror Movies: After you’ve seen 'em as much as you can stand(love 'em or hate 'em)…

Mute the sound and watch 'em!
    :lol: Great comedy! :lol:

I think I posted a similar note here in a previous incarnation/incantation/inebriation. :P :wink:

• I saw the first 15 minutes of the Ring once. Maybe it was the fact that it was broad daylight outside or that the picture was fading in and out because I had it hooked up through my VCR, but it seemed rather absurd and predicatable to me. That, and the acting (from what I saw of it) didn’t seem too wonderful. Of course, I only saw the first 15 minutes.

• @bossk:

I saw the first 15 minutes of the Ring once. Maybe it was the fact that it was broad daylight outside or that the picture was fading in and out because I had it hooked up through my VCR, but it seemed rather absurd and predicatable to me. That, and the acting (from what I saw of it) didn’t seem too wonderful. Of course, I only saw the first 15 minutes.

man, i totally didn’t get “predictible”. As i said - neat mystery, but i don’t think i would have predicted what might have “come next” - although i’m generally pretty good at those kinds of predictions.

• Like I said, only saw the first 15 minutes. It just didn’t hook me like a lot of worse horror movies do.

• @bossk:

Like I said, only saw the first 15 minutes. It just didn’t hook me like a lot of worse horror movies do.

you mean like Army of Darkness?

Greatest horror movie EVER!!!

• Wooohooo……

although … horror? … well, yeah, undead and stuff :)

• @cystic:

…Army of Darkness?
    Greatest horror movie EVER!!!

You and F_k agreeing!?! :-?
    I’ve gotta check this movie out.

• Army of Darkness kicks deadite a$$. Although, I did prefer Evil Dead 2 just a little bit over Army of Darkness. The scene with the talking stuffed elk head just gets me every time.

• @bossk:

Army of Darkness kicks deadite a$$. Although, I did prefer Evil Dead 2 just a little bit over Army of Darkness. The scene with the talking stuffed elk head just gets me every time.

that was pretty good . . . .

• Dezrtfish - You got my vote, I really liked it, too…

• '19 Moderator

I thought Army of Darkness was more of an action movie. I will agree that is was a good movie, as long as your not in to realizam. :)

• lol me, my brother, and my cousins used to love Army Of Darkness :lol:

I love horror movies though…The Ring was very cool. Also read a lot of Stephen King stuff, and I’ve seen a few of his movies. My fav book of his was probably Misery! One of the few books I’ve read that REALLY had me in suspense. If any of you are King fans and haven’t read this book, I recommend it! :D

As for horror movies though, i own Misery, Children of the Corn, Pet Sematary, IT, the Scream trilogy…(From Dusk til Dawn, The Faculty, Signs) <== not REAL horror movies, but you know what I mean!

And I did like the Blair Witch Project. I was really mad though when I was informed it wasn’t real :x :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m