*BELLS RINGING* THE TIME HAS COME!

• Customizer

Wittman,

@wittmann:

He is on an anger management course run by monks. It is a prerequisite to being a Moderator on a belligerent forum like this visited by many unstable individuals.
    He’ll be back! (like Terminator).

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I’m not surprised, and I hope they don’t hold back on the electro-shock therapy.

“Tall Paul”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL An ENTIRE Thread JUST talking about me??!?! Well I never… ;)

And 8 votes for moderator? LOL I thought 3 would have been considerable! I’m so honored. :)

A -thank you- goes out to each of you, never was so much owed by so many to so few! LOL

Infact, if ANY of my grand list of supporters would like a beer, fwd me your paypal information, and I’ll be happy to send you some compensation for your loyalty.

@Tall:

BTW,

Is Gargantua anywhere around???

“Tall Paul”

Ok I WILL admit I have been at arms length from the site for the last 2 months… but only because I’ve worked every single day, around the clock, trying to complete the project I’m on.  Only recently accomplishing occupancy, and managing to take 2 half days and a weekend off for my birthday this last week.

Don’t worry though… this is my HOME, and my eyes are open ;)

TALL PAUL - I very much am looking forward to coming to your museum!  How can I send you support in advance?

• Happy Birthday for  last week and welcome back to your home.
    Glad you have been busy.

• Customizer

Garg,

A Happy Birthday to you. And I’m glad to learn the Monks didn’t (completely) fry your brain. I’m sure it’s bound to have helped.

As far as “support” or excitment, THANK YOU, but none is necesary and I hope I didn’t start an avalanche of “interest” and e-mails on the subject. Let’s just say I’m a “people person” and get a lot of enjoyment from interacting/listening to others. And making friends is always worthwhile. Add to that some FUN A&A action and it’s a win/win for me.

I’ll certainly let everyone know whenever there’s something worth mentioning. Right now I’m in a temporary “holding pattern” for the museum because of some things that are beyond my control, but it should only be a delay until I buy some land and start construction. The building is already planned and I have a good friend of 30+ years that’s an architect who I’ve already discussed things with.
    I seem to be proving the “All things come to those who wait” saying right now.
    It will be FUN though. I’m Sorry, but I seem to run of at the mouth when I talk about something I’m passionate about.

“Tall Paul”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

IF railroads are your thing… I should invite you up to BC sometime.

Up here everyone has all but forgotten about the railroads… and the fact that some of the longest railroad tunnels in the world are here in British Columbia, and that many of the railroad systems that were built pre-ww2, were built with defense in-mind, connecting all the major civic buildings etc.

Hundreds of MILES of these railroad tunnels lay derelict under Vancouver/Burnaby  and the surrounding regions, and no one talks about them.  Never a -Subway- system, just traditional rail.

I’ve heard of a tunnel in the rockies that it so long, it has comparment doors and ventilation to keep oxygen in the tunnel, and that entire TRAINS dissappear into the tunnel and pass through the opening and closing compartments, insane feats of engineering - long forgotten.

That’s what I know about whats just in my backyard… and we’re small time up here… I can only imagine what YOU know!

• Customizer

Hey Happy Birthday brother! You’re a big boy now! I remember when I turned 14, the LCBO was a little more lax in their ID policies back then. Ah the memories of 5 star whiskey! Seriously, hope you had a better B-Day than me. My 40th was my quit smoking day. had a couple cigars since then but no coffin nails.

• Customizer

Garg,

––Yep, my main interest is Railroad History, but a close 2nd goes to my huge passion for Military History, especially WWII.
    ----The “Spiral Tunnels” are in you neighborhood, tracks that climb and circle around while INSIDE a tunnel. And in the last decade or so some additional fantastic tunnels were built in Western Canada.
    ----I’d never heard or read anything about the Vancouver tunnels under the city you mentioned. Interesting. I’m not sure I’d care to investigate several hundred miles of tunnels that noone else knows about with you, though(BIG GRIN).
    ----Yes, the looooong tunnels in the American “Rockies” have doors on both ends that open/close in order that huge fans may clear the tunnel of exhaust gases. I’ve read older accounts of steam engines on heavy passenger trains slipping inside of long tunnels that ended up asphixiating the crew, and then all of the passengers. Not cool.

I’m sure you understand and hopefully enjoy(tolerate) my joking with you. Laughter is what makes the world go 'round my friend. And keeps us young, too.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Garg,

@Gargantua:

TALL PAUL - I very much am looking forward to coming to your museum!  How can I send you support in advance?

––While it’s AT LEAST a year away, When I(we) do host a major A&A event I would we’d need some “Rules Judges”. If you consider yourself extremely familiar with the rules I would hope you might consider being a judge. We would rotate judges so you’d be able to play some, too of course.
    ––I think IL’s knowledge & total grasp of the rules would make him a great judge. There are some others that would also be great judges. I’m sure you could give me some advice in this area.
    ----Since I’ve never been to any gaming convention I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you might have or like to see/experience. I have many ideas but I’m always open to other peoples opinions/suggestions. Thanks.

“Tall Paul”

• My forte is House rules, variants, and maps. I would not make a good judge for OOB rules because we seldom play with them except for classic MB AA.

You could probably Skype Kreighund if you contact him or one of his ‘appointed’ rules lawyers.

• Customizer

@Tall Paul. I’ve only been to the FMGC and do not have extensive experience at gaming cons but for the first year I’d suggest playing it by ear. Suggesting attendees bring their games and maybe provide what you have in the way of games but not worry too much about having tourneys and judges and stuff. I can assure you that all of us that were at FMGC had a great time and no tourneys were played. Just a bunch of A&A junkies having fun.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!How far away is 60 again?
    the rails are a great way to travel ( no aiport crap!) you can walk around, the obsvation car the bar car, and the dinning car. I’ve taken the train to Edmonton Alb twice and down to Texas twice.
    Tall Paul if Toronto is too far there is always Indianapolis, I’m thinking I want to go to two events this year, Toronto and Indianapolis,one small one big

• Customizer

IL,

@Imperious:

My forte is House rules, variants, and maps. I would not make a good judge for OOB rules because we seldom play with them except for classic MB AA.
    **––OK, that’s cool. I’ve just always been impressed by your gaming background and understanding of “HOW” all of the rules were interelated to each other.

You could probably Skype Kreighund if you contact him or one of his ‘appointed’ rules lawyers.
    ––A great suggestion, Thanks. I’ll remember that when we get further along. As I said before, it will take AT LEAST a year to find/buy the land and build the building. All of that is after a “temporary” hold-up is taken care of.

Thanks for the suggestions IL. Maybe you could help out in an advisory capacity.

“Tall Paul”**

• Customizer

Most Holy,

@Most:

@Tall Paul. I’ve only been to the FMGC and do not have extensive experience at gaming cons but for the first year I’d suggest playing it by ear. Suggesting attendees bring their games and maybe provide what you have in the way of games but not worry too much about having tourneys and judges and stuff. I can assure you that all of us that were at FMGC had a great time and no tourneys were played. Just a bunch of A&A junkies having fun.

––I guess I didn’t say it but I was planning on several “get-togethers” before hosting any large “event” but you make a valid point, Thanks.
    ----My thoughts on “Rules Judges” was simply to keep the discussions/arguments/punches thrown to a minumum(Grin).
    ----I’m an “organizer type” of guy. Like with an annual photo contest I organized for another RR museum. I had rounded-up sponsers for winning pics, door prizes, guest VIP speakers, etc., etc. I already have thousands of ideas, hopefully at least a few of them will really be cool. The only objective is FUN (and DEATH to my opponent!), haha.
    ----“Just a few A&A junkies having fun” always sounds GREAT to me!

“Tall Paul”

• PantherP Panther locked this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m