The latest in American intelligence . . .

• @cystic:

weird

Resistance of the inevitable is futile

• @yourbuttocks:

First, Moses, whoever said anything about attacking Russia?

Second, who said that we want to attack. This is just what we believe will happen, and we are voyeur parties.

Third, the U.S. Seventh Fleet is larger than the entire British navy. NATO is an excuse for the U.S. to have troops in Europe. What is it going to do to the U.S.?

Fourth, when Canada inevitably becomes a semi-autonomous territory of the U.S., it will probably be more like when Hitler took over Austria than Poland. We won’t even have to fire a shot.

Fifth, is it so crazy to imangine the Stars and Stripes flying over Canada, Austrailia, New Zealeand, Japan, the U.K.? :D

LOL. I’d love to see the Untied States try to handle another FLQ, but this one not just for Quebec but rather in all of Canada. Also, America had the advantage in 1812 but still lost, what makes you think that it will succeed this time? Besides, the US needs Canada for NORAD. I could just those nuclear missiles being fired south instead of north. Bye bye Wahsington, L.A., New York. You’re about to learn what’s it’s like to livei nthe North Korean wasteland.

• Also, America had the advantage in 1812 but still lost, what makes you think that it will succeed this time?

they where agnsit the brits not the Canadians

• @GeZe:

Also, America had the advantage in 1812 but still lost, what makes you think that it will succeed this time?

they where agnsit the brits not the Canadians

General Brock was Canadian and don’t forget that the Natives living in Canada helped too. Canada even took Michigan state from the Americans.

• EmuGod, are you on crack?

Canada could not stand up to the world’s most powerful military.

Besides. most of your population is within a couple hours of the border. If we advanced up into Toronto, Montreal, and Quebec, we would control most of the Canadian population.

Its true we fought Canadians in the war of 1812. Remeber, Britian owned Canada. Canadians supplemented the British forces.

Canadians have always been good at taking bullets for the British.

• someone’s anglin’ for a scrap . . . .

• Canada is hopelessly weak-kneed and introverted, worse than useless as a military ally

True.

Canada is not living up to its obligations in terms of defence, peacekeeping and the so-called war on terror

True.

“And yet you have this notion that somehow you’re in a position to be lecturing the United States … You can’t just be in the peanut gallery shooting spitballs.”

Definetely True.

So what’s the problem here people? I’m not advocating for attacking Canada (it’d be a waste of our gasoline for the tanks :wink:). Other than the author’s opinion on attacking Canada, where is he wrong? Canada is simply a little child haning onto the ankle of their parent, the United States. When is Canada going to grow up and start acting responsible?

(ducks…as CC throws heavy object at me… :wink:)

• @TG:

I guess some people can’t seem to take a joke? :roll:

Honestly:
    How would the average US american react if this joke was played on them?

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Canada is hopelessly weak-kneed and introverted, worse than useless as a military ally

True.

Canada is not living up to its obligations in terms of defence, peacekeeping and the so-called war on terror

True.

“And yet you have this notion that somehow you’re in a position to be lecturing the United States … You can’t just be in the peanut gallery shooting spitballs.”

Definetely True.

So what’s the problem here people? I’m not advocating for attacking Canada (it’d be a waste of our gasoline for the tanks :wink:). Other than the author’s opinion on attacking Canada, where is he wrong? Canada is simply a little child haning onto the ankle of their parent, the United States. When is Canada going to grow up and start acting responsible?

(ducks…as CC throws heavy object at me… :wink:)

Well, its silly. Just because we don’t jump to every American initiative that is politically popular, and b/c we have a different ideology when it comes to the use of the military and warfare does not make any of his statements true. Further we have a good record when it comes to “putting out where it matters”. Consider:
    1,000 Canadian soldiers died in the second battle of Ypres, Belgium, in April 1915, victims of the first use of poison gas in warfare.
    24,000 Canadians died in the battle of the Somme in 1916, an effort to open the western front.
    3,598 Canadians who died in the successful six-day campaign to capture Vimy Ridge, a crucial battle, in April 1917, would play a major role in turning the tide during the First World War.
    907 Canadian soldiers died on the beaches of Dieppe on Aug. 19, 1942, and were sitting ducks to German fire in one of the most bloody battles of the Second World War.
    516 Canadians who died in the Korean War, 117 in Vietnam.
    In two world wars and the Korean conflict, 1,500,000 Canadians served their country – more than 100,000 of them dying in action.
    four Canadian soldiers who died in April in Afghanistan, victims of “friendly fire” from a U.S. pilot who mistook them for the enemy.

“To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders Fields.” Canadian doctor and soldier John McCrae
    Heroic times calls for heroic efforts. We did that for 3 years before the US jumped in. When heroic efforts are required again, we’ll be there again, doing all that is necessary. In the meantime, we are not America’s lapdogs. We’ll spend our money where deemed necessary, send troops in to be killed by American allies where justifiable, and seek peace over war as the best outcome every time.
    (rant stats very loosely plagerized by the Winnipeg sun. Also note that it is remembrance day here. I shall not be here on the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour and the 11th minute)

• Honestly:
    How would the average US american react if this joke was played on them?

Who says it’s not happening at this very moment. We don’t need the US anymore… blah! :P

• @yourbuttocks:

EmuGod, are you on crack?

Canada could not stand up to the world’s most powerful military.

Besides. most of your population is within a couple hours of the border. If we advanced up into Toronto, Montreal, and Quebec, we would control most of the Canadian population.

Its true we fought Canadians in the war of 1812. Remeber, Britian owned Canada. Canadians supplemented the British forces.

Canadians have always been good at taking bullets for the British.

but we will survive by living in igloos in the north of canada

• Its clear that Canada has chosen to neglect its military.
    Its hopelessly in debut.
    Just to break even in the past year, the Canadian military needed 100 million.
    Just the amount the Prime Minister spent on his two new private jets.
    This, coming from a nation that is using Navy sea-helicopters from the late 50s’.

I have nothing against our military, I’m proud of what they have done.
    They all have more courage than I ever will.

I think if Canada signed on as ally with American and Britain and whoever else, and isn’t living up to it’s agreements, than I could see America having something to say about it, within intelligent reason.
    After all, America carries the biggeset burden(if you want to call it that and they might) of supporting our military.
    Who wants an ally that can’t stand on its own two feet?

As for American attacking Canada…it will never happen.
    And even if it did, I wouldn’t hold your breath for British help.
    Britain routinely snubs Canada. Wanting, as far as I’m concerned, nothing to do with us.
    Its funny how some Canadians want to hang on to British ties, and Birtain dosen’t really care and does nothing for us( leaky subs anyone).
    And then a country we have far more need for and share a culture with, is subject to an anti-American liberal government.

• The Military isn’t everything. Our forces would be a hell of a lot worse off without Raw Materials from Canada.

• I think we sold the US about 2B$ in military equipment for Vietnam. What a travesty.

Ghoul - you have a point, however i don’t know that the extent to which we are allied w/ the US and UK has been determined. Certainly we need to keep up w/ our NATO committments, however aside from basic peacekeeping what need have we for a large military? We sent at least 5 bronze star recipients to Afghanistan (in addition to our own highly trained PPCLI) as well as a lot of equipment the Americans did not have. Our country needs little defence irrespective of the US regard for our borders, aside from that required to make the US think that we have a military.
    Of course we’ve discussed Liberal government failings, and i agree that Britain holds us in minimal regard (the bastards), but i do not think that the US is supporting our military to any real extent, but rather Canada supplies military equipment and infantry, not to mention diplomatic equity to American pet projects instead.

• @Yanny:

The Military isn’t everything. Our forces would be a hell of a lot worse off without Raw Materials from Canada.

Maybe so, but the point here is, if Canada isn’t living up to a signed agreement, the states have a reason to say that.

• @cystic:

I think we sold the US about 2B$ in military equipment for Vietnam. What a travesty.

Ghoul - you have a point, however i don’t know that the extent to which we are allied w/ the US and UK has been determined. Certainly we need to keep up w/ our NATO committments, however aside from basic peacekeeping what need have we for a large military? We sent at least 5 bronze star recipients to Afghanistan (in addition to our own highly trained PPCLI) as well as a lot of equipment the Americans did not have. Our country needs little defence irrespective of the US regard for our borders, aside from that required to make the US think that we have a military.
    Of course we’ve discussed Liberal government failings, and i agree that Britain holds us in minimal regard (the bastards), but i do not think that the US is supporting our military to any real extent, but rather Canada supplies military equipment and infantry, not to mention diplomatic equity to American pet projects instead.

I agree, I don’t no the extent of our alliance with US/UK.
    I assuming that some form of document was signed in reguards to Canadian military upkeep.
    I’m just trying to justify the American commentary about our military.
    It has to be based on something. I hope.

• @Mr:

@cystic:

I think we sold the US about 2B$ in military equipment for Vietnam. What a travesty.

I assuming that some form of document was signed in reguards to Canadian military upkeep.
    I just trying to justify the American commentary about our military.

lol - true enough.
    also give me a buzz sometime about a game. It’s been a while. Although play w/ Wild was good, i like a real person on the other end :)

• Ive been in one of the seaking helocopters from the 60’s and they dold us that for every 6 hours out flying the helocopters need 24 hour matanice

• @cystic:

@Mr:

@cystic:

I just trying to justify the American commentary about our military.

lol - true enough.
    also give me a buzz sometime about a game. It’s been a while. Although play w/ Wild was good, i like a real person on the other end :)

I’ll give you a call and set something up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m