Should people with very low intelligence be BANNED from driving in winter?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Today there was a major snowstorm where I live and I saw some terrible things.  Really awful things.  So, should people with very low intelligence be BANNED from driving in winter, or at least on the days when there is snow and they are clearly too STUPID to handle it?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Where can I select to ban communists from living? let alone driving.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

start your own thread  :-)

Actually, in another thread you already discussed treaties etc., with one of the geniuses who I helped push out of the snow today.  I had to get this guy out of the way because he was blocking the exit from our parking lot.  It was pathetic.  Everytime I would get him going he would stop.  Everytime I would say cut the wheel he would go straight.  Everytime I would say go straight he would cut the wheel.  He tried to back over me several times.  I finally got him to the start of a gentle downward slope and then I told him to get it going and to not stop because there was a small hill at the other side of it and if he stopped there he would need a tow truck.  So he got to the bottom and stopped, right at the bottom of the uphill part.  Guess they don’t teach the kids about MOMENTUM in school anymore. Last I saw him he was sitting there in the snow like a dumb lump of crud.   Maybe the government will dig him out in the Spring

• @variance:

So, should people with very low intelligence be BANNED from driving in winter, or at least on the days when there is snow and they are clearly too STUPID to handle it?

Banning them year-round might be an even better idea.  I once heard somebody say that the most dangerous component of a car is the nut holding the wheel.

• Better yet, sterilization.

• '12

I was about to say ban them period but the previous comment covers that.

• You could call me a dirty commie, and I still think stupid people should be banned all the time. As a delivery driver at one point, I was on the road A LOT.  In the span of a year, I avoided 12 collisions with morons by simply paying attention and knowing the signs of an imminent cataclysm of stupidity.

Seriously, I should be able to pull someone over and bitch slap them.

• And what is this connection between poor driving and Communists?

It makes no sense unless that’s some way of labeling what you hate as…Communists.

Why not just ignore stupid drivers? There is nothing that can be done anyway at least in the USA. Venezuela perhaps but not here.

Not to be nasty, but the whole scope of this thread seems kinda like a redneck style solution.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

• '10

@variance:

Communists cannot drive.� Â

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YnsaUctPnk

Back in the day that is what we used to call a Chinese fire drill.

• @variance:

start your own thread  :-)

Actually, in another thread you already discussed treaties etc., with one of the geniuses who I helped push out of the snow today.  I had to get this guy out of the way because he was blocking the exit from our parking lot.  It was pathetic.  Everytime I would get him going he would stop.  Everytime I would say cut the wheel he would go straight.  Everytime I would say go straight he would cut the wheel.  He tried to back over me several times.  I finally got him to the start of a gentle downward slope and then I told him to get it going and to not stop because there was a small hill at the other side of it and if he stopped there he would need a tow truck.  So he got to the bottom and stopped, right at the bottom of the uphill part.  Guess they don’t teach the kids about MOMENTUM in school anymore. Last I saw him he was sitting there in the snow like a dumb lump of crud.   Maybe the government will dig him out in the Spring

hmm, did you ever consider that his nerves may be down at this time?
    Did you ever consider that he might have some problems running and lacking concentration at the time you tried to help?
    Would you have worried about stupidness if it would have been a women or a girl?

• '17 '16 '15

ha ha ha!

@Imperious:

And what is this connection between poor driving and Communists?

It makes no sense unless that’s some way of labeling what you hate as…Communists.

Why not just ignore stupid drivers? There is nothing that can be done anyway at least in the USA. Venezuela perhaps but not here.

Not to be nasty, but the whole scope of this thread seems kinda like a redneck style solution.

No one asked for your worthless opinion.

This is the most epic description I have ever heard.

imminent cataclysm of stupidity.

Love it… ;)

• '12

imminent cataclysm of stupidity.

It is rather succinct and descriptive.

Momentum is a double edged sword on ice.  Driving on ice is really easy, it’s when you want to change direction/speed that is tricky.  Of course I did grow up stealing my mom’s car as a 13-15 year old playing in the snow and ice in the collage parking lot next door.  I like driving in snow and ice.  I drive a 4 wheel drive jimmy and where a muscle shirt, yeeeeHaw!

The trick to turning control on ice/mud is to hit the gas.

• '17 '16 '15

you should move “in winter” to one of the options of the poll

• It snows once or twice  a year in England and the country grinds to a standstill.
    People do not bother going to work.
    It is ridiculous.

Like you Jermofoot, I could have had so many accidents, but you avoid them as you can see them before they happen if you can drive properly( which means looking ahead and anticipating the obvious).

I am sure some of you have heard of these Eastern European criminal gangs who purposely cause accidents to claim the insurance money.Recently,  one caused a death here in England and has been sentenced to prison. I find it surprising it has taken so long.

• It’s outright scary, when you are in the passenger seat of a car and start people watching on the roads. The amount of people who text on phones and drive is awefully high.

• I know what you mean Worsham.
    There are few people I will happily let drive me.
    My cousin used to spend most of the time seemingly looking down playing with his radio!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m