• Can the allies enter a dutch territory while it is still dutch? and “capture” it putting their control marker on it and using its IPCs? or only after it is captured by an axis power? don’t got the rule book so need major clarification on that.

and is the sea-zone between British Somaliland and Saudi Arabia considered a strait? can boats move through if the territories are hostile/neutral?

1. Any Allied power, if it is at war (in US case with any power, in Russia’s case with Japan as the Dutch territories are only on the Pac boards), are free to enter Dutch territories.  In those cases:
      a. If the allied power that enters it while the territory is still Dutch is ANZAC or UK (noncombat move), and it is a land unit, they take control of it.

b. If it is an allied plane, or a US or Russian unit while it is still Dutch, it will remain Dutch until a UK or Anzac land unit moves into it.  Allied planes are ALWAYS free to use dutch spaces as a legal landing space, provided they are not restricted as “neutral” Allied powers still.

c. If it is a combat move, and an Allied power is taking control of a Dutch territory from an Axis power, whoever captures it with a land unit takes control of it.  This is the ONLY way the US or Russia can capture a Dutch territory.

2. The Bab el Mandeb in SZ 76 is not considered a strait per the rules of the game.

The only canal/straits on the board that limit movement are:
    a. The Suez requires both Egypt and Transjordan.
    b. The Panama Canal requires Central America.
    c. The Danish Straits require Denmark.
    d. The Straits of Gibraltar require only Gibraltar, but any sub of any power can pass through regardless of who controls it.
    e. The Dardanelles require Turkey.

• When I saw this I thought of an idea I had: Holland/Belgium is a capital starting game in enemy hands. It has minor IC and NB. If liberated, Allies can choose whether to hold on to DEI or return to Holland.

• ok so UK and ANZAC can capture whenever they want, and US and Russia ( when at war with japan ) can only capture when they are at war?

• techroll42, i believe that would make the game much easier for the axis to win because you are giving them an extra victory city. Unless you increase the total cities they need from 8 to 9.

• @Keodis:

techroll42, i believe that would make the game much easier for the axis to win because you are giving them an extra victory city. Unless you increase the total cities they need from 8 to 9.

Honestly I don’t think Holland/Belgium after the blitz is worthy of a VC  :|. It would already be very different from normal powers, so changing this is a decent idea.

• @Keodis:

ok so UK and ANZAC can capture whenever they want, and US and Russia ( when at war with japan ) can only capture when they are at war?

They can only capture Dutch territories when they capture them from an Axis power.  They cannot capture them if they are still dutch.

• so the ANZAC NO where they need to have dutch new ginea is pointless unless japan takes it first? seems like a pointless NO

• No, sorry, I should have been more clear, but I was referring to the US and USSR, reiterating what I stated in my original reply

UK/ANZAC take control with a land unit when still dutch

US and Russia can only control them if they are already captured by the axis.

• With the neutral pieces that HBG has made/making, has anyone put small “colonial garrisons” on Dutch territories, if so, how did it turn out?

• ok now i got it. thx

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m