Begginings of vehicle and units rules inprogress

• @knp7765:

@KillOFzee:

Interesting, I like these ideas. Although these might be a little too complex to be implemented in such a broad strategic game. However, I do like the self propelled artillery and elite infantry. I think if you can make each nation more unique, you give new opportunities and make the game more fun. Well done!

So, you think that certain units might only be available to some countries, but not others?  Interesting idea.  Sort of like the optional National Advantages rules.  oztea came up with some pretty good ones for Global I think.
    While I think you are right that having some nation specific units would be more realistic and might make the game more fun, I think it would also make the game too complex for my tastes.  That’s one reason I don’t use the National Advantages because it just seems like too much to remember.  The more you have to keep referring to the rulebook, it start to sap out the fun factor in my opinion.

The important one for me is keeping german and russia evenly matched with equipment which they were. i cant see any other nation really needing some of them anyway. i might lighten the paratroops so that no extra unit is a game changer just a fun alternative as russia and italy will not have them.

• Heavy Tank (HT):
    Cost 8 IPC
    Attack 3(4) (If combined with a Light Tank)
    Defend 4
    Move 2

Light Tank (LT):
    Cost 6 IPC
    Attack 3(4) (If combined with TacB or Heavy Tank)
    Defend 3
    Move 2

Trinity:
    If HT and LT are present, each paired infantry attack at +1

Paratrooper:
    Cost 6 IPC
    Attack 1(3) (First round, no retaliation)
    Defend 2
    Move 1(3) (3 at launch, must be from Air Base)
    Subject to AA fire in Combat Phase (if AA present)
    Must be paired with a StratB, each carries 3 Paratroopers.

• _Heavy Tank (HT):
    Cost 8 IPC
    6Light Tank (LT):
    Cost 6 IPC
    Paratrooper:
    Cost 6 IPC[/i

Too expensive!_

• Customizer

Heavy Tank: 
    Cost 8 IPCs
    Attack 4
    Defend 3
    Move 2
    OR
    Cost 8 IPCs
    Attack 4
    Defend 4
    Move 1  (because of their weight and fuel consumption, heavy tanks generally moved slower)

Light Tanks:
    Cost 4-5 IPCs  (NOT 6 IPCs, Medium tanks already cost 6 IPCs)
    Attack 2  (Medium tanks attack at 3.  Light tanks should NEVER attack at 4, no matter what you combine with it.)
    Defend 2 (Medium tanks defend at 3)
    Move 2

Paratroopers:
    Cost 4 IPCs  (6 IPCs is way too much.  Paratroops should cost like Marines in Pacific 2001, 1 extra IPC for special abilities)
    Attack 1 (2) (First Round, no retaliation, like sub first strike.  3 Way too much!)
    Defend 2
    Move 1 (3 spaces launced from air base)
    Subject to AA fire if AA gun present
    DO NOT NEED Strategic Bomber.  Paratroops are their own unit.  Perhaps require one of the new Transport Planes units, each carry 2 paratroopers, range of 6 (3 to target, 3 return to air base)

One other note:  Tac Bombers received the boost in attack value when paired with tanks, not the other way around.

• Maybe light tanks should have OOB classic values like ATT;3  DEF;2  MOV;2. COST;5.
    Otherwise its too close in values to mech inf. and artillery.

• Customizer

Here’s a list of ideas someone submitted a while back and I thought looked pretty good:
    UNIT                                      ATT  DEF  MOVE  COST
    Infantry                                  1      2        1        3
    Elite Infantry                          2      2        1        4
    Mobile Infantry (trucks)          1      2        2        4
    Armored Infantry (mechs)      2        1        2        4
    Light Tank                              2        2        2        5
    Artillery                                    3        2        1        5
    Medium Tank                          3        2        2        6
    Medium Tank Dest/SPG          2        3        2        6
    Heavy Artillery                        4        2        1        6
    Heavy Tank                            4        3        2        8
    Heavy Tank Dest/ SPG            3        4        2        8

A couple of other ideas for Heavy Tanks would be to make them a 4-4-1-8 unit.  Also, we could make Heavy Tanks a 2 hit unit.  After 1 hit, they go down to 3-3-1-8.  If they survive the battle, they get repaired (most armies have mobile repair units traveling with the attack units).

• That all looks really good. There should be special abilities for some units like tank destroyers get to target tanks first. heavy artillery can take premtive shot every round of combat causulties removed before they can fire back.

• __That all looks really good. There should be special abilities for some units like tank destroyers get to target tanks first.

• __Self propelled gun must have a first shot attack againt enemy tank._[[/i]

Maybe light tanks should have OOB classic values like ATT;3  DEF;2  MOV;2. COST;5.

• light tank must attack at 2 but may retreat as well as medium tank.___
  • Customizer

@lnmajor:

That all looks really good. There should be special abilities for some units like tank destroyers get to target tanks first. heavy artillery can take premtive shot every round of combat causulties removed before they can fire back.

You are suggesting Heavy Artillery have a “surprise strike” ability like subs?  So they would fire like subs do, in a special roll each round of combat, but NOT in the general combat part, right?
    For example:  say you have 3 inf, 3 tanks and 1 heavy artillery attacking a force of 5 infantry.  The H Art rolls and gets a hit so you remove 1 defending infantry.  Then it is 3 inf, 3 tanks against 4 inf.  The attacking inf and tanks get 3 hits, defending inf get 2 hits.
    NEXT round of combat:  1 inf, 3 tanks, 1 H art against 1 inf.  The H Art rolls and hits again.  1 Def infantry removed –- Attackers win with 1 inf, 3 tanks and 1 H Art.
    Does that sound about right?

• Exactly :-) What do you think?

• I already use heavy artillery and self propelled gun with those specification.
    Friend and I love it.
    I use heavy artillery for USSR. (152 mm artillery) destroyed Infantry cannot fired back during first round of combat.
    Slef propelled gun. (destroyed Tank cannot fired back during first round combat)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m