- Rule the waves UK bonus objective: The UK collects a bonus 5 IPCs per turn in the collect income phase if no enemy ships are in sea zones 2,3,8,7,6,5,12,13,14,15,16, and 34 and the UK has at least 2 UK fighting ships in the Mediterranean and 2 UK fighting ships in the British Channel. Transports don’t count as fighting ships.
- Mobilization and victory cities: Players can mobilize up to 1 infantry each turn in each victory city (they must be paid for). India and the Dominions follow different rules (see above).
- Manpower reserves: Each turn a player can purchase up to 4 infantry for 3 IPCs. However further infantry cost extra; the 5th and 6th infantry units cost 4 IPCs and any extra infantry beyond the 6th cost 5 IPCs. The Russian player has lighter restrictions, he/she can buy up to 5 infantry for 3 IPCs and any extra ones cost 4 IPCs.
- Blitzkrieg: German tanks get a bonus when attacking. If a German tank rolls a hit in the combat phase, it can roll a second attack dice (hitting on 3 or less). Therefore each attacking German tank can fire up to 2 times in each combat round when attacking.
- Invade USA bonus: All Axis powers get a bonus of 5 IPCs each if at least 2 North American land zones are captured by Axis players.