• if you had to put one type of unit above the rest as top priorly; what type of unit? :wink:

• Hi

This is IMO a very silly pool, you just simply can’t put the question like that.
    It differs from every country and from strategy to strategy
    but all good strategies involves lots and lots of infantry, always have enough infantry to only loose infantry when you attack and enough to only loose infantry when the counter attack comes. This will always give you space to buy a little greater units that will survive throughout the game, and thereby give you more and more greater units (read: fighters, armors, artillery).
    I voted for army because its the most basic of all, but still you can’t put the question like that cause you will also need transports to be more mobile or just to get from a to b, and transports needs protection so this forces you into buying ships and you will need to remove enemy ships which will require airforce and so forth

Regards,
    -Daniel Malus

• I believe the most essential units are ground units.
    If you don’t have these, you can’t capture a territory ;-)

ground units are the basics for the game, so they are indeed my top priority!
    the moment you can afford more then only ground units, THEN you can buy AF to help you attack better.
    or start thinking on how to mobilize your units swiftly (by buying trannies and supporting those trannies with defending fleet)

in case you’re interested: the unit I like the most because it is so versatile is a fighter!

• 1.Germany-army
    2.Russia-army
    3.UK-navy/army(in perfect balance of course)
    4.Japan-army/Complex
    5.US-see UK

• I agree with Jetfan except I think Japan has to focus on a navy somewhat being an Island nation and all…

• Jetfan has it right…
    The game invariable ends up a land war in Asia and Europe (with some action in Africa).

Navy is needed by UK, USA, and Japan to get forces to the action.  But other than a few early conflicts, there generally are no massed naval battles (no nation can afford them).

So those 3 build navy to get their forces in place, then just keep the trannies full…

Occasional AF, but rare.

• Which is how it has to be.  All the money is there and frankly this game comes down to money in alot of ways.  I wish that there was more naval combat to be had but there just isn’t.  Thats sad for us History people, but this game is all about rewriting history.

Depends on what you want to do… And quite frankly half-way through the game I will need one type more then another so to me it is constantly changing…

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m