• Another thought on Stalingradski’s operation barbarossa: How about instead of the aircraft carrier, just get 4 transports.  This could be interpreted by UK as a sea lion signal so they buy infantry, in which case Germany can move 10 units per turn to Norway and invade USSR a turn sooner.  If UK leaves London wide open without buying infantry, you could consider actually doing a sea lion on G2, if you took Normandy on G1 and put an airbase there G2 with 3 fighters to scramble in case UK attacks the fleet. This way barbarossa could get started when USSR is still weak but Sea lion is still plausible.

• My only concern Vance is Britain’s ability to counterattack the German fleet - typically Germany will have a Battleship, Cruiser, and three aircraft on the West German Airbase to protect Transports purchased. The chance of a British counter is very high in that case. The Carrier locks down that fleet - the two hits to kill plus extra two aircraft seals it.

I like your attitude! Perhaps a Destroyer and 3 Transports? Even that might not be enough, though. If I were Britain I’d pounce on it, even if it resulted in mutual annhilation.

A tweak, following your line of thought - perhaps an extra Transport purchased on G2 - eight units per round to Norway, and a stronger threat against Britain…

• …and more infantry+artillery can be transported from from 113 to 115 for the amphibious assault (and maybe back and forth 114 to 115 again if necessary, with shore bombardment each time).  Imagine 5 transports dropping 10 units each time t. USSR would be in big trouble!

• I like it. I play against a person who expects three Transports out of me… four or five, with the purchases made at the right time, might also allow me a shot at a sneaky Sealion…

And the ability to lift 8-10 Infantry/Artillery per round to Leningrad from G4 on would be tough for Russia to withstand.

• Also, 5 transports may be the magic number because you can build 5 infantry and 5 artillery per turn at the major IC in Germany. Next turn they hop a boat to Leningrad. pretty slick

• Mantlefan - I’d like to take a moment to apologize to you (somewhat publicly) for picking your posts out several times yesterday. My head has cooled down!

I was reacting to many, many people’s reactions to Alpha +.3, not just yours. After getting off the site for awhile, I realized that it isn’t that big a deal, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. We’re all passionate about the game, or we wouldn’t be here…

Again - I apologize - and I’ll go back to being friendly in my responses!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m