• All in all a very good strategy if you wany to lose London

• I like it I gotta try this on my friends. They have never played AAA. Also did you do this (jkljikljljiljil) with your name j? Lol because I love it.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

I like it I gotta try this on my friends. They have never played AAA. Also did you do this (jkljikljljiljil) with your name j? Lol because I love it.

What kinda fun is squashing is rooks? Does it make you feel superior?

• I like this strategy, I used a various form of it in my current game.  it’s our first game of global and I’m the allies.  after Germany failed on taking London G3, I’ve been trying to secure Africa.  I had attacked on UK1(it was a mistake, I won the battle but my Cruiser and Transport were destroyed in I1).  I had a combined ANZAC/UK/FR force, with an American fighter in Egypt (or Alexandria, I don’t remember), Italy still had their navy (which I foolishly left to prosper until it has become a real problem in the Med).  I was building the tank/mech inf in South Africa that were on their way to Egypt but Italy still had 2 infantry trying to capture as much of Southern Africa before they got destroyed. I had 2 separate battles of tank/mech on one infantry and lost all 4 of my units while all of his survived.

What’d you do to deal with the Italian infantry and Artillery in Somalia?

• '21 '18

@HMS_Artemis:

Personnaly, i bring an inf and art from India with the cruiser to bombard, inf from Sudan and mech from Egypt. It’s my standard move and I never lost that battle every game I played as the Allies.

• @HMS_Artemis:

Once in a forum game I saw a joint strike with the Med Tac and Transport loading troops from italy to take them out. It was interesting. @Idi:

@Pvt.Ryan:

I like it I gotta try this on my friends. They have never played AAA. Also did you do this (jkljikljljiljil) with your name j? Lol because I love it.

What kinda fun is squashing is noobs? Does it make you feel superior?

Yeah. yeah it does make me feel superior. And please don’t use the term “noobs” here this isn’t Call of Duty.

• Sponsor

I played Germany for the first time last weekend and I did what I think was a standard German strategy. I took out France, Normandy and all the UK ships in the channel. My first purchase was a carrier, a destroyer and a sub. My second purchase was a ton of transports and filled them with infantry and tanks so that my tac bombers could roll 4s. By the end of German T3 I had 1 tank remaining in London and Sea Lion was a success. That said, if I were the UK and this was happening to me, I would find it very difficult to pull off Egyptian Lockdown and defend London. I really like your strategy however, without your capital, you can’t make an income and therefore would be unable to support an African Campaign. I only have a few games under my belt but any strategy that dosn’t include Sea Lion is a two front war for the Germans and we all know how that turned out. I would like to see a balance in this strategy where the UK can fight for London and Egypt. I haven’t played the UK yet, but when I do you can bet that I won’t be pulling my fleet back through the Suez the way I’ve seen all my other friends do. That’s for dam sure.

• '21 '18

@Sire:

@HMS_Artemis:

Personnaly, i bring an inf and art from India with the cruiser to bombard, inf from Sudan and mech from Egypt. It’s my standard move and I never lost that battle every game I played as the Allies.

I do this attack against Ethiopia, not Somalia, sorry. It allow me to kill the two italian inf and the art there without weakening the Med front.

• ugh, I can’t seem to get any traction with Italy.  The brits have been hitting me hard of the first turn and never stopping.  My opponent moves his CA/bb from english channel to sz92, moves the carrier to sz94 with 2 ftrs and screens sz 96 and 98 so I cannot hit Egypt.  Along with this he pops Tobruk and lands 2 inf from England in Algeria.  This leaves Italy with more targets than they can deal with and twice now I’ve ended up losing the Italian fleet.

I am thinking of changing my Italian buy from 2 inf 1 art to 1 sub I1.  Also moving 2 Germ ftrs from the Paris battle to Tobruk in noncom to save that army.  If i combine these moves with a G1 capture of SFrance then on I1 I can take Malta heavy and then stage these Germ aircraft there to protect the Italian fleet.  My opponent has been concentrating on taking out Italy as soon as possible, anyone else had this problem?

I also have been building 1 cv 1 dd 1 sub on G1, and experimented with other sub builds.  Getting an early sub advantage while England is pinned could be crucial in the long game.

• Sponsor

First of all, what shouldn’t be happening is the UK moving ships from the channel to 91. There are plenty of German ships and aircraft to wipeout the channel boats. I can see gerry leaving them the 91 cruiser or the Atlantic Destroyers and Transports, but sparing the heavy hulls that are in fighter range is a poor first turn strategy for Germany. Whats obviously happening is your opponent is in a kill Italy first strategy and he seems to be doing a good job. You need to remember that your Italian force is strong, however, the UK player is not intimidated because he is giving himself options. He has the fleet in 98, he has the guts to take Tobruk and he is somehow landing in Algeria. I know that dealing with the British African forces can be tough, I mean look at some of the posts in this topic. It literally tells you how to wipeout Italy, but it also talks about how difficult it is to do so. The first thing you need to do is take away the UKs options, Germany and Japan go before the UK and they should put so much pressure on the Brits in the other war theaters that they can’t possibly sent everything to Africa. Next, you need to plan purchases with more vision, if your not sure how to react to the Brits moves, than save all your money and make a more foccused buy next round, and remember, Italy needs her NOs more than any other nation so work at one at a time like clearing the med of all allied boats. That’s the first NO for Italy in my opinion. And last, roll good dice, believe that you roll well, cheer when you hit and brush it off when you miss. Always whisper to yourself " ones and twos, ones and two" trust me it works…

• If the brits move their entire fleet into 98 without making any attacks on the Italian fleet or Tobruk army, I would rejoice as Italy! There is a 65% chance that UK loses that entire fleet with scrambled planes and Italy keeps its BB and CR (loses sub, 2 destroyers, 1 cruiser, 1 fighter = net 44IPCs / UK loses 67 + no med fleet/airforce anymore = no pressure on Italy). They can also use 1 transport to drop 2 inf in trans jordan sealing the canel and 2 transports to hit Alexandria along with Tobruk forces effectively eliminating whatever you put there. The Egyptian airbase would soon be a nice Italian gift, an endowment if you will. The key with UK is to be aggressive, do not let Italy be untouched or you will be burned by a good axis player. BTW, with this strategy you are seriously undermining an already weak force in the very heart of UK. Even if Germany isn’t threatening, you are relieving a huge burden off them - they do not even need to defend the west coast, so heavily you have spent towards Italy - which allows them to mow down the Russians, and when they fall it doesn’t much matter what happens next, IMO.

• While I am always ready for gambling attacks, as they make the game more interesting, you must always ensure your defenses are secure.

Never sacrifice the strategic locations unless a more strategic position is being threatened. In this case, London must be held against potential sea lion.

Build planes first turn, as they defend against sea lion, and also can be used later in the Mediterranean very easily.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m