• @trackmagic:

I am kind of enjoying the “open-source” approach to product development A&A is becoming. We are getting to give our input into the FM pieces project and we are getting to give our input to the designs of A&A. In the end we will end up with the greatest board game ever made since it will be so refined. I hope the there is an alpha +3, +4, etc.

If you like a particular version then you can play with those rules, but if we keep developing then the game will get better and better. I will probably always play with the latest rules set, but I will welcome changes.

I agree

• @trackmagic:

I am kind of enjoying the “open-source” approach to product development A&A is becoming. We are getting to give our input into the FM pieces project and we are getting to give our input to the designs of A&A. In the end we will end up with the greatest board game ever made since it will be so refined. I hope the there is an alpha +3, +4, etc.

If you like a particular version then you can play with those rules, but if we keep developing then the game will get better and better. I will probably always play with the latest rules set, but I will welcome changes.

• trackmagic you have set it all

• @Shakespeare:

I have yet to hear about any formal apology issued by Harris or by Kreighund who devised this disaster of thier own making.

Have you ever heard of a weather forecaster apologizing for messing up the forecast? Mistakes happen. To err is human. Larry has been making quality games for years. Once in a while things can go wrong. I play AA42 since I don’t have AAE40 yet to play AAG40. I have had AAP40 on the table 2 or 3 times and never got into the game because there is so much more to remember. All games have errata and I don’t mind that. I prefer the least amount of errata and right now AA42 has the least amount of the A&A games: 3 pages of Q&A with 2 rules clarifications. Kreighund did a great job with the rule book for AA42. I won’t go as far as saying that Larry or Kreighund need to apologize for anything. They are trying to make a bad situation into more of a “this is what should have been in the game in the first place” type of game. Also, Larry has said on his site that these Alpha +2 changes will be made in future reprints of the game. I will pick up AAE40 when I can afford it, but for right now AA42 with some additions from the house rules forum and the AA50 tech that I got from BGG has made for a very enjoyable game for me and those that I play against. I applaud Larry and Kreighund for all of the time and effort that they have done and it sounds to me like they are listening to the fans of the game and trying to incorporate the fans ideas.  Just my 2 cents.

• This has been noted somewhere else on this forum but I can think of countless video games i have bought, played for about a month then have 6 or seven different patches to correct the game etc. These are downloaded for free. Making changes to the dynamics and rules of a board game is no different. It is a patch for the board game. It could even be classed as an expansion for a board game which you would normally pay for if it was a video game. Let the creators do their thing. Its their project they can do what they want. There will be a final version, just be patient.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m