• '16

The manual says:

Fighter Defense: Whenever a carrier is attacked, its fighters (even those belonging to friendly powers) are considered to be defending in the air and can be chosen as casualties rather than the carrier. (However, a fighter cannot be chosen as a casualty from a submarine hit, because submarines can attack only sea units.)

A friend of mine argues that defending in the air means to be taken as casualties only. My counterargument is that whenever a unit defends, it uses its defense factor (4 in case of fighters). Which is correct ?

• @warrafael:

The manual says:

Fighter Defense: Whenever a carrier is attacked, its fighters (even those belonging to friendly powers) are considered to be defending in the air and can be chosen as casualties rather than the carrier. (However, a fighter cannot be chosen as a casualty from a submarine hit, because submarines can attack only sea units.)

A friend of mine argues that defending in the air means to be taken as casualties only. My counterargument is that whenever a unit defends, it uses its defense factor (4 in case of fighters). Which is correct ?

Note the sentence has an AND clause: so both apply: The fighter is defending {in the air} AND can be chosen as a casualty.  All units in a territory/sea zone always defend together, as one force, when attacked

• axis_roll is right, however i posted a topic on the reverse situation if you were interested to know that answer…

sala

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m