How long do your Global 1940 games last?

• i always play the same guy, 1vs1, and it takes forever.  with kids, wives, work…we usually play 1, maybe 2, rounds per night, couple nights a week, for a couple weeks. this way we can start a round at 8 or 9, and be home by 10 or 11.  works out pretty good, except for the constant thinking about the game at work. :mrgreen:

• '10

It takes us on a one on one game about 10 to 12 hours. Two sessions. We end our games with one side or other resigning. We have never played using the VCs and never play to the bitter end. When you have played a lot of these games you know when one or the other has had it. Better to start a new game.

• This is all good info for me, I bought both of these games on launch and still have not had time to set up Europe or Global and play a game. Plus I’m most likely going to have to buy a bigger table or fashion one myself because our dining room table just won’t fit the board. But by all accounts this is the game I have been waiting for, it sounds absolutely epic!

• @maverick_76:

This is all good info for me, I bought both of these games on launch and still have not had time to set up Europe or Global and play a game. Plus I’m most likely going to have to buy a bigger table or fashion one myself because our dining room table just won’t fit the board. But by all accounts this is the game I have been waiting for, it sounds absolutely epic!

And epic it is… You had better like political rules and detailed national objectives! Those Bob A Mickelson PDF’s work wonders for keeping track, hope he updates for Larry’s rules too! =)

By the way the very first game I played was Europe only, it was good to get a feel for things and still extensively long to play.

• Customizer

@inverted:

And epic it is… You had better like political rules and detailed national objectives! Those Bob A Mickleson PDF’s work wonders for keeping track, hope he updates for Larry’s rules too! =)

I plan on creating new charts for Larry’s New Global setup and objectives. The only question is how long will it take Larry to finish?

• I have only played Global Rules three times (just started a fourth game the other day).  We play when we can, leaving the gameboard set up.  Our games have typically lasted about 18 hours each.

• I have played 3 global games. Two of them took 12, the third 14 hours.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@inverted:

And epic it is… You had better like political rules and detailed national objectives! Those Bob A Mickleson PDF’s work wonders for keeping track, hope he updates for Larry’s rules too! =)

I plan on creating new charts for Larry’s New Global setup and objectives. The only question is how long will it take Larry to finish?

Nice, you do great work Bob. Thank you.

• '10

Yesterdays Alpha+1 game took a good six hours for six rounds. Of course that includes time for breaks.

• The two games that I have finished (in one go) have lasted 13 and 15 hours respectively.  I have played 4 others in an ongoing format where we would play a turn every other day.  All of these games lasted over a week.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m