Austin Tx: anyone have Global game and want to play?

• I’m in central Austin, would be interested in a group, thanks.

I will bring beer

• Hi. Do you have a regular group you play with? I’m still pretty new to Austin and it’s been a while since I played. I have experience with the classic axis and allies.

• Customizer

––All of you are lucky to live in a large city like Austin, Texas where you can find some A&A players.
    ----I’m up here in NorthEast Texas(Longview area) and can’t find any players. I have to go over to Shreveport, La and taunt some college boys into playing against our gang.

“Tall Paul”

• @c03rcion:

Hi. Do you have a regular group you play with? I’m still pretty new to Austin and it’s been a while since I played. I have experience with the classic axis and allies.

Nope, its just me and my 16 y.o. son.  We play '42 2nd ed. and Guadalcanal, but will be trying out '40 Europe soon.

• '14 '13

I live in Cedar Park and have four in my group. An additional two are currently deployed but should be back before Xmas, and one is on temporary assignment in Indiana until next Spring. (yes, we are all military)

I have a global table that I’ve built in the garage.
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29890.0

I’ve been previously contacted by kilroynothere and infinite jester. I would like to arrange some type of get together in the near future once our military obligations give us a free weekend (I’m training in California for about ten more days).

Let me know what you guys think and what your schedules look like for Sept-Oct.

• '14 '13

@infinite:

I’m in central Austin, would be interested in a group, thanks.

I will bring beer

Beer huh? Yeah, the guys are gonna like you for sure, lol.

• Labor day would be perfect…three day weekend.  Ha, I’ll even bring a mini keg, just drink the whole time and make huge infantry stacks in my capital  8-)

• Customizer

jluna,

@Tall:

––All of you are lucky to live in a large city like Austin, Texas where you can find some A&A players.
    ----I’m up here in NorthEast Texas(Longview area) and can’t find any players. I have to go over to Shreveport, La and taunt some college boys into playing against our gang.
    “Tall Paul”

––I’m glad I posted on your thread previously and therefore can keep-up with your conversation.
    ----I’m planning to establish a Railroad and Military History Museum in Shreveport in the next 2 weeks to a month when my funding is expected to come through. An initial part of the museum will be a permanent room for military simulations, a.k.a. “Axis & Allies” games as well as displays and a library. When it happens I’ll have some time to travel to A&A games, like yours, as well as invite your gang over to the museum for some “Wars”. My ‘gang’ of players consists of my 88 year old Dad, a WWII vet, my 65 year old brother who is a retired businessman with an MBA who is quite ‘sharp’, and a couple of younger guys that occasionally game with us. I’m very much looking forward to hosting some A&A games, and eventually maybe some events at my museum. It would be great to meet your guys and have some friendly(?) wars, haha. I’ll keep you informed.

“Tall Paul”

• '14 '13

@Tall:

––I’m glad I posted on your thread previously and therefore can keep-up with your conversation.
    ----I’m planning to establish a Railroad and Military History Museum in Shreveport in the next 2 weeks to a month when my funding is expected to come through. An initial part of the museum will be a permanent room for military simulations, a.k.a. “Axis & Allies” games as well as displays and a library. When it happens I’ll have some time to travel to A&A games, like yours, as well as invite your gang over to the museum for some “Wars”. My ‘gang’ of players consists of my 88 year old Dad, a WWII vet, my 65 year old brother who is a retired businessman with an MBA who is quite ‘sharp’, and a couple of younger guys that occasionally game with us. I’m very much looking forward to hosting some A&A games, and eventually maybe some events at my museum. It would be great to meet your guys and have some friendly(?) wars, haha. I’ll keep you informed.

“Tall Paul”

Wow, sounds like quite a project you have there. I wish you the best of luck fulfilling your dreams. I like the idea of traveling to check out the museum AND get some gaming in as well. My better half is very understanding, she’s all for me having my “guy time”.

-Jluna1273

• Customizer

jluna,

–-- It sounds to me like you have a real “winner” of a wife there. I’ll of course keep you informed and look forward to gaming with you and your gang in both Shreveport and Austin. My museum is a project I’ve been working towards for 30+ years and most of my money is invested in artifacts, collectibles, models, etc.
    ––BTW, we usually play G-40, 2nd Edition games with NO TECH to keep the playing field as level as possible. What version of A&A does your ‘gang’ like?

“Tall Paul”

• '14 '13

We play the same. We’ve never said NO TECH, but no one has ever wasted their money on trying.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m