• Customizer

Sorry, I have not visited this thread in a while.  Sealion now takes a new turn with Larry’s ongoing changes.

hmmm, why is it 65% win? and where from do you have 8 tanks (okay 5 from france, the other three from hungary etc.?) and: did you forget the AA-gun? can explain your calculations, please?
    it seems to me that odds are more like 50/50.

The other 3 tanks are coming from Yugoslavia.  Use the 1 from Pol, Hun and Rom to hit Yugo with 5 inf and then move them back to West Ger on turn 2.

As for the numbers, they are input into an odds calculator with AA turned on.  Those are the numbers given.

• Customizer

Inputing it in again, I know why we have a discrenpency.  You forgot the German amphib shots.

anyway, germany will loose a big part of its luftwaffe, that for sure. it appears to me, even if(!) UK will be conquered, it is going to be a pyrrhus-styled victory for germany.

You’ll survive with 5 units on average.  With the remaining units on turn 3, I’d pile up whatever I have on the mainland into Pol.  Buy inf/art to reload the TTs to dump back into pol as well.  You’ll find that you can quickly get your units back to the front using those TTs.  Leningrad will be the focus, as when you have built up enough and have moved to Bal Sta, Leningrad must be abandoned since your next hit on Lenin would include units built and ferried over by TTs.  You are outbuilding Russia as well, so it is just a matter of time.

Place the fleet in front of Gib as soon as practical and augment with Italy.  Buy 5 sb a turn with Italy and just keep pumping them into Gib.  Italy can get up to $40 with Africa no longer defensible.

This is how my games have gone (barring bad dice).  Try it.  Of course with the rules now changing, well see how this holds up.

• Customizer

but maybe a preemptive attack by the four or five british fighters, one tac, one destroyer and an aircraft-carrier against the german fleet is the key to prevent a sealion-attack.

okay:

one carrier (just for soaking up two hits)
    one destroyer, 4 fighters, one tac vs. one carrier, one cruiser, one battleship and two fighters: every side needs to gain seven hits to destroy the other one.

2 x 0 (the british carrier)
    1 x 2 vs. 1 x 2
    4 x 3 vs. 1 x 3
    1 x 4 vs. 3 x 4

kind of suicidal attack, though, but possible. all or nothin, hmm?
    sealion prevented by that? what do you think?

Attacker survives 32%  With the loss of those fighters, Sealion jumps to 98% with 13 units on average surviving. Too risky.  I’d rather sit and hunker down with the UK, I think.

• well, i took the risk…and:

i won! the german fleet got drowned to the ground, as uk i had left a fighter and a tactical bomber afterwards.  :-D :evil:

i have to admit, that in G1 the attack on sz 112 went slightly bad for the german. he attacked with a fighter, a bomber, cruiser and battleship and took three hits before he sunk the french-british navy. so he won with a damaged battleship and his cruiser.
    he bought two transports and a carrier and landed two fighters on it.

six hits to make!

i attacked with the carrier, destroyer, three fighters and one tactical bomber.

in this special case uk lost material worth 44 IPC (carrier, destroyer, two fighters) vs germany 89 IPC. (carrier, two fighters, battleship, cruiser, three transports)

to block this attack, imho, germany hast to buy just warships, no tranports in G1. and if tranports, than just only one!

greetings from a smilinig uk-player (this time :D)

• Customizer

Congrats on your win.

I would say that with all the changes going on, that Larry’s new set-up and rules will now need to be looked at for Sealion.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

I hope it doesnt drop sealion below 50% But with the new rules I think there’s a good chance.

We will depend on you Jim, as always, to determine the numbers on the most most decicive and awesome axis strategies.

• @Canuck12:

I hope it doesnt drop sealion below 50% But with the new rules I think there’s a good chance.

We will depend on you Jim, as always, to determine the numbers on the most most decicive and awesome axis strategies.

I hope it does. Sealion should not be a viable strategy.

• Customizer

If Sealion drops to 40 - 50%, I could live with that.  It means that you’d live with very little.

• I tried one strategy this weekend by keeping my British carrier on Sz91 in round 1, and then after Germany built up its invasion force in G2 on sz112, I moved the carrier up to sz110 and landed a plane on it.  Germany could destroy it no problem and still attack there, or go around and attack at sz109, but it effectively blocked aircraft from the continent from attacking Britain.  They had to stop and fight in sz110.

One way around this is for Germany in G2 to move its entire fleet to sz110, and build new transports in 113.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and it worked.

• @scottyp65:

I tried one strategy this weekend by keeping my British carrier on Sz91 in round 1, and then after Germany built up its invasion force in G2 on sz112, I moved the carrier up to sz110 and landed a plane on it.  Germany could destroy it no problem and still attack there, or go around and attack at sz109, but it effectively blocked aircraft from the continent from attacking Britain.  They had to stop and fight in sz110.

One way around this is for Germany in G2 to move its entire fleet to sz110, and build new transports in 113.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and it worked.

Why exactly would a carrier in sz110 stop aircraft from the continent from participating in the attack on Britain?  Aircraft can fly through hostile zones en route to combat (or any time for that matter).

• if the brits have a ship in sz 119, (the one left of Scotland) by T2 you can plug the canal at 112 T3 and hold up sea lion til T4 giving the US time to counter

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m