• The problem is :

can an aircraftcarrier with an attack value of 0 sink a transport

assuming i attack a sea zone with only a transport in there

1 carrier VS 1 trasport = ?

ty guys

• Official Q&A

Nope, it can’t.  You need something that can hit it.

• If a sub kills lonely carrier with planes onboard, can the planes fly one or four spaces to land, or are they lost?

• @Juhlius:

If a sub kills lonely carrier with planes onboard, can the planes fly one or four spaces to land, or are they lost?

They can fly up to one space or they die

• If a carrier has one hit, can the planes onboard take off and attack the next round?
    Can planes land on a carrier wich has one hit?

• @Juhlius:

If a carrier has one hit, can the planes onboard take off and attack the next round?
    Can planes land on a carrier wich has one hit?

No

• Another carrier question. The way I read the rules, it seems that carriers can’t absorb hits when they are part of an attacking force. Is this correct?

• @defoliant:

Another carrier question. The way I read the rules, it seems that carriers can’t absorb hits when they are part of an attacking force. Is this correct?

They certainly can absorb hits.

• Thanks, Cal. I just read p. 14 that explicitly agrees with you [egg on face].

Why, then, in your opinion does the manual state on p. 28 “In the case of a defending carrier, don’t move it behind the casualty strip unless it takes a second hit.” (emphasis mine)? This was what confused me during a game yesterday.

• Official Q&A

Because attacking carriers aren’t moved behind the casualty strip at all.

• Because there is only one casualty strip, and it’s used for the defenders(who get to fire back before being removed) and not the attackers(since casualties are removed immediately).

• Dang it, I’ll read more closely in the future. Thanks guys.

• So in the manual it states that defending carriers planes are considered to be defending in the air.  It also states that units trapped on a damaged carrier cannot participate.  I was always under the assumption that when a sub attacks a loaded carrier that… 1) if it only scores one hit and damages carrier then the planes are trapped until it can get back to a friendly naval base 2) If it scores two hits then carrier and all cargo are lost since they don’t participate in battle against subs w/o a destroyer present.  If this is not the case then it seems to me that there is no way for cargo to get trapped on a carrier?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m