• The Japan has in both setups lack of transports (maybe I’m wrong), and I remember there was a rule in Revised called Tokyo Express in which they used a destroyer to carry a single infantry.

According to this rule, it can unbalance the game or it could be a good addition?

• It was a Japanese National advantage, and a good one at that
    To balance the game, use some other national advatages for other powers….for fairness sake.

There are no official National Advantages for Global 1940, however many house rules are in the works.

• yeah the only issue would be creating ones for italy and anzac

• …and france and china.
    Attached are my temporary National Advantages…they need some tweaking

1940 NA.doc

• Oztea, your NA’s are great.  I would offer one tweak to the Long Lance Torpedo rule.  The type 93 Long Lance Torpedo was originally developed for destroyers and cruisers.  A few submarines later on used the type 95 LL torpedo.  Maybe the Long Lance Torpedo National Advantage should have destroyers use the first strike submarine rule when attacking and defending.

• @oztea:

…and france and china.
    Attached are my temporary National Advantages…they need some tweaking

4.  The Great Patriotic War
    With German Army elements at the gates of Moscow, production at other Soviet cities was driven into overdrive to compensate. If the capital fell into enemy hands, the fight was far from over.
    If the Soviet Union has lost Moscow, on its next turn it continues to operate following these rules. The Soviet Union collects income from original territories only. Only infantry may be purchased and, may be placed in any originally controlled territory. Artillery may be purchased at either Leningrad or Stalingrad if controlled by the Soviet Union. Soviet combat moves may only be made within original Soviet territory.

Mmm. can you change this NA? The Germany can’t win with this. :-)

5.  Katyusha Rockets
    The Soviets were able to supplement their artillery with massed batteries of rocket launchers. The sheer volume of fire more than compensated for any lack of accuracy.
    When attacking, Artillery and the infantry they support re-roll any die that fail to hit on the first round of combat.

IMHO, it’s better to give this ability only to artillery for a better balancing. Russian player has so many infantry. :-)

• I love them, but I do need clarification on one of them.

1.  Remember Pearl Harbor
    A frequent rallying cry in the United States reflected the critical importance of the naval base at Pearl Harbor. This important location served as a hub for American units on their way deeper into the pacific.
    After the United States is at war with Japan, the US player may place one air, sea or land unit at Hawaii if it is still controlled (or sea zone 26) during its place units phase if there are no axis ships in sea zone 26. You may place an air unit and a sea unit and a land unit.

Is it place one unit (‘OR’) or three (‘AND’)?

• @13thguardsriflediv
    As im sure you know, the english language is often unkind when you use both “or” as well as “and” in a sentance

The Rule allows a up to three units to be placed. One may be a land unit, one may be an air unit and one may be a sea unit. Obviously the air unit can be placed in either Hawaii or SZ 26 (if there is a carrier)
    You may not place units there if Japan (any axis power for that matter) controls the seazone.

@Stefano1189
    4.  The Great Patriotic War
    Consider this……there will be a dead turn between the new Soviet production. Because they go right after germany, and have No IPCs germany still has the following turn to lump up Russia before it can start producing again. The rule may be strong, but it is no stronger than China, infact the rule is exactly the same as China operates. It is of little use to a good russian player, but pays its dividends in steering Germany away from a go for the throat approach to take Moscow. I am taking suggestions for replacing this NA however because it is by far the weakest Soviet one.

5.  Katyusha Rockets
    Remember…“and the infantry they support” Meaning the specific infantry they are supporting at 1:1
    so if you have 3 artillery and 10 infantry. six dice rolling at “2” can be rerolled. You basicly just reroll 2s when attacking on the first round. I have played with this NA since I made it for AA50th and it is the best path. I considered having art attack at 3 on the first round, I considered art boositing their supported INF to 3…but 3 is reserved for the tank. Re-rolling the 2’s seems to work the best…and remember its only the Artillery and the Infantry they directly support

@brisco
    Very good point indeed, My knowlege of the Long Lance Torpedo comes entirely from the A&A War at Sea game. I cant belevie I never noticed the surface ships carried it almost exclusively. Woe is me. This rule may need changing. Perhaps Destroyers attack following the rules for first strike on the first round….though that is is powerful but simple. Perhaps instead cruisers and destroyers may choose to make a first strike roll during any combat phase instead of their normal attack, but at -1 to their attack value (destroyers at 1, cruisers at 2)

All in all im happy with most of them. The US and UK need some tweaking, perhaps Corps of Engineers, and The Sun Never Sets.  Italy is the only other weak link. One or two of its are weak. I have so many in my head for Germany….but having more than 6 is just ridiculous.

• So the USA can place a free battleship in a sea zone? As if it doesn’t have enough of an IPC edge already.

• No….Hawaii counts as a mobilization zone for one of each of the following if the US player wishes to place units it has purchased there during its place units phase.
    A Land unit (Infantry, Artillerry, Mech Infantry, Tank)
    An Air unit (Fighter, Bomber, Tactical Bomber)
    A Sea unit (Sub, Transport, Destroyer, Cruiser, Carrier, Battleship)

Hawaii counts as a minor factory for the US. But they can only place up to one of eacn type of unit.
    Example, an Infantry, a Bomber, and a Destroyer. The rest must be built at Western US.
    another example, Tank, Fighter and Carrer in SZ 26

these units are not free

• So what is the point of the rule then? How is it an edge if they can already place units there?

• You seem to misunderstand

In the current game format Hawaii does not have a minor factory, and can not have one because it is an island.

In my National Advantage……during the place units phase, the US may place units there “as if” there was a factory. However, you may only place the following
    one land unit, and/or
    one air unit, and/or
    one naval unit

You can place up to 3 units at hawaii instead of at the Western US factory.

The rule is a boost for the US because units get into the fight faster.

• Oztea,

My friend and I used these national advantages in our game.  We each rolled one die and received the following:

Germany–88s–he really didn’t use these in the game

Japan–Aces–the 6 aces put a beat down on the USSR/USA/India, and all 6 are still in the game

Italy–Frogmen–useful, as they removed a French Destroyer (no Capital ships in Med.)

USSR–Railroad–this was excellent, and very helpful to Soviets throughout the on-going game

UK–Night bombing–was not used, as Germany took UK in Sealion

USA–Remeber Pearl Harbor–aircraft carrier/fighter taken, as we forgot about this when Japan took Hawaii. My opponent let me place these 2 units in Western

China–peasant soldiers–did not really come into play

Just wanted to let you know we will be using these again in our next game.  Great job!  Let me know if you come up with any revisions/changes.

• @Rus-T:

Oztea,

My friend and I used these national advantages in our game.  We each rolled one die and received the following:

Germany–88s–he really didn’t use these in the game

Japan–Aces–the 6 aces put a beat down on the USSR/USA/India, and all 6 are still in the game

Italy–Frogmen–useful, as they removed a French Destroyer (no Capital ships in Med.)

USSR–Railroad–this was excellent, and very helpful to Soviets throughout the on-going game

UK–Night bombing–was not used, as Germany took UK in Sealion

USA–Remeber Pearl Harbor–aircraft carrier/fighter taken, as we forgot about this when Japan took Hawaii. My opponent let me place these 2 units in Western

China–peasant soldiers–did not really come into play

Just wanted to let you know we will be using these again in our next game.  Great job!  Let me know if you come up with any revisions/changes.

Can you post the the link to these.

• They are the bottom of this Topic Summary.  Oztea has a link you can open.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m