• leather……thats a good idea. Couldn’t fold it though.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Ack! Unpainted minis going to battle! Major gamer faux pax…

• i made a table for Axis & Allies global 1940.  the board itself sits on a 4 inch pedastle, surround by a tray wide enough for the boxes for each power.  then a 3inch border around the outside.  i stained the wood, then used 2 coats of clear poly to seal it.  also works to keep condensation from beer cans and iced drinks from soaking into the wood.  but the clear made the top very smooth and slick, so i used small circular velco pieces to keep the boards from sliding around.  i also had an old dice tower i had made years back, which is able to fit in the surrounding tray and to be moved around the board.  under the board itself i created storage spaces for hiding the boxes.  currently the table has no legs, i set it on an old table in my basement, but i am trying to figure out a way to mount foldable legs under it.

i used cheap pine 1x3’s, 1x4’s, and 1/4 inch plywood.  with stain, poly, 1 paint brush, and some sand paper i had, i probably have about $40 into it.

works very well, we really like the elevated board.

DSC08201.JPG
    DSC08203.JPG

• couple more pics of the table

DSC08204.JPG
    DSC08205.JPG

• All you need to complete the set up is a war rake :-D

• lol, just made 2 of them today.  one for the axis, one for the allies.  :-D

• Can you give us some pics? Please

• '10

@katfishkris:

couple more pics of the table

A very nice job indeed Kris. You may want to consider some plexi to cover the map. Can’t
    tell from the pix wether the map sections with the game boxes below are supported throughout or just on the borders

• Nice table! And clever way to store te boxes as well.

• thanks fellas. i thought the movable dice tower thing was really cool, but truth be told, we never use it.  both my opponet and i like to roll into a box by hand.  for mojo you know…

the map sections are each supported around the edges, so if you push down in the middle, there is a little give to them.  the best way i found to fix that is not push down on the middles. :-P  i thought of putting a brace across the middle for support, but that would affect my storage areas.

i checked into some plexi to cover the whole board, but for the size piece i would need it would cost around $50.  i cant quite justify that yet.  i stress yet.  i believe with a little effort and luck i can find one cheaper.

i made the rakes with just pieces i had laying around.  not sure if they will ever get used, but sometime i am bored i may stain them or add some axis and allies symbols to them. whatever, whenever.

DSC08208.JPG
    DSC08209.JPG

• Good to see some paper IPCs those are from revised aren’t they? I wish WOTC weren’t so cheap and decided to leave out the IPCS

• the money is from aa50, original aap, (i think i own them all but aa42) and the original axis and allies.  the older ipcs are SOOO much thicker.  pretty cool

• Nice looking table Katfish.

• Very nice

• yo can you darw up some specs? i love this so much im going to make one like it!

• Katfish, GREAT JOB!! :-o

• yo fish try putting the franch units in to the europe usa box seince they only need one

• i like to leave a few frenchies in the england box to help differentiate it from the india box.

• I like your gaming table, it’s a nice and simple solution

• It’s a really good table, especially the size. I am looking for a similar table, but a small one for A&A as well as my study. I found this interesting suggestions supergamereviews.com/perfect-gaming-desk/ I don’t know if any of you has a better idea. These are the normal gaming desks, but large enough I hope

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m