7 games played so far and no axis wins yet, I played axis twice.

• '10

Nice reports.

We will start our first global game 17th october. :cry:

Meanwhile playtesting Europe.

• in my case the axis will win if germany can push to moscow… liningrad and stalingrad and japan take open hawiai, and take by force india, and sydny

• So far I have not really been able to get Germany very close to Moscow.  The Russians keep buying inexpensive units such as inf and art.  They then fall back with huge stacks and don’t lose too many points, then at the right moment they can move forward again when the USA is landing in Rome or Norway as Germany needs to focus on defense.

• Same here, closest I got was a sizeable force in Bryansk, which then was hit by Russia with everything in range, and like in nearly all crucial battles in Global games so far, was won by the allies thanks to combat round 1 dice which made the difference.

• My first global game had the axis winning. I played Germany and Italy. Another played Japan and the allies were split up between two players also. Germany took France and Normandy in the first turn with minimal casualties while also sinking some of UK’s ships. Italy took southern france and expanded into all of Africa. Japan took Hawaii on J1 and destroyed the US navy on J3. The Japanese fleet sat outside of western US for the rest of the game. On G3 Britain fell, on G4 smashed threw Russia. on G6 Russia and UK was gone. Italy had taken over all of Africa and blitzed a tank threw the back parts of Russia on I3 and 4 by going threw the middle east and picking up some free units to defend the tanks. Japan kinda only focused on USA the entire game while slowly moving into UK-india. USA made one land assault on Morocco, but Italy had an IPC income of 45ish and was able to sink off the ships on its next turn and defeat the invasion. All I can say is that planes are soooo awesome when attacking ships and using infantry to back up the major hitters when on land. The game felt too easy. I can’t wait to switch the players around to different country’s and see the outcome.

• @Jon03021:

My first global game had the axis winning. I played Germany and Italy. Another played Japan and the allies were split up between two players also. Germany took France and Normandy in the first turn with minimal casualties while also sinking some of UK’s ships. Italy took southern france and expanded into all of Africa. Japan took Hawaii on J1 and destroyed the US navy on J3. The Japanese fleet sat outside of western US for the rest of the game. On G3 Britain fell, on G4 smashed threw Russia. on G6 Russia and UK was gone. Italy had taken over all of Africa and blitzed a tank threw the back parts of Russia on I3 and 4 by going threw the middle east and picking up some free units to defend the tanks. Japan kinda only focused on USA the entire game while slowly moving into UK-india. USA made one land assault on Morocco, but Italy had an IPC income of 45ish and was able to sink off the ships on its next turn and defeat the invasion. All I can say is that planes are soooo awesome when attacking ships and using infantry to back up the major hitters when on land. The game felt too easy. I can’t wait to switch the players around to different country’s and see the outcome.

I assume you played with the aircraft reduction setup changes by Larry, since that’s the only way J1 could take Hawaii

• '22 '19 '18

In our first global game I was Germany.  I attacked Russia G3 and took Moscow on G6. I was aided by 2 Russian naval buys, an AC and a Destroyer.  This helped out Germany because it was 24 IPC less of ground units to kill and eliminated 2 soviet ftrs that were on the carrier.  What I did was G1 bought 1 ac 2 trans did usual attacks sinking RN, taking paris and normandy, Yugoslovia, Bulgaria, and Finland with 2 Norway inf.  Transported 1inf 1 tank from poland to Norway, placed AC in 112 to protect fleet, 1 trans in 113 and 1 in 114.  G2 transported 3 inf, 3 art to Finland with 3 transports giving me 10 inf, 1 arm, 3 art in Finland, and moved all other units within range of soviet boarder territories.  Place a IC in romania and 2 tanks, 1 mech inf in Berlin rest of buys in W Germany.  G3 I attacked Karelia with Finland stack and took losing 1 inf, picked up 3 inf, 2 tanks, 1 art with trans and attacked Vyborg losing 1 inf attack bess with southern stack (not sure on numbers), Baltic and E poland and captured all territory.  Sunk Russian navy using my newly purchased subs, airforce and navy.  G4 I attacked Leningrad with stacks from finland, vyborg, air force and 3 inf, 3 tank (arriving by transport) and 2 naval shots against about 19 inf, 1 art, 2 or 3 tanks and 1 tac.  I only had 1 tank attack from Baltic states, because Russia counterattacked there R3 and wiped out force leaving 1 tank and retreated into Leningrad.  I lost all inf and mech inf, in battle but was left with 4-5 art and 7 tanks.  By taking Leningrad I wiped out the soviets northern army and there was very little left between me and Moscow.  In the south my large stack of inf was moving east and destroyed Russia southern army on G5.  By this time Italy had come up throught the mid east and was poised to take Stalingrad on I6.  I attacked moscow on G6 with all my force which consisted of Tanks, air force, mech inf and a couple of inf from the southern army against about 15 russian inf and 1 art.  I took moscow with about 3 tanks left.

With Germany marching through Russia it looked like a for sure axis victory, except for happenings in the pacific.  I was so focused on the European front I missed a major gap in the Japanese forces (played by another player).  As Bruda stated in his post, an anzac transport with 2 inf attacked the caroline islands with 2 jap inf and won.  Yea 2 at 1 beat 2 at 2 without losing anyone.  This allowed the US to capture Japan getting all 78 IPC Japan had and gave america a woping sum of 160 IPCs.  Japan was unable to retake its capital and lost its entire air force taking Calcutta so was pretty much out of the game.  With Japan gone, the US spent all 160 IPCs to take out Italy.  The Axis sued for peace.  It was a tough call because Russia and India were gone, but Italy couldn’t keep up with Uncle Sam and Germany was repelling UK landings every turn and it was 230 in the morning (Start time was 19:15).  The axis should have one, but we made one major mistake and it cost us.

• Yes Cond1024… but it was a heck of a great game regardless.  Now I’m racking my brains on how we would have stopped you if not for that anomoly of the dice.

• '22 '19 '18

@Bruda_Iz:

Yes Cond1024… but it was a heck of a great game regardless.  Now I’m racking my brains on how we would have stopped you if not for that anomoly of the dice.

I don’t think you could have stopped us.  If Japan hadn’t lost it’s capital, we would have been at 13 VC at that point needing one more to fall.  With Japan at 80 IPC Sydney and Honolulu would not have lasted much longer (2-3 turns) and with Russia gone I would have shifted German units to help Italy in Africa and the Med as well as take on UK.

• by that point in the game we couldnt have stopped you… I’m thinking how we could have stopped it from getting to that point in the first place.  A couple of things come to mind… 1) not stockpiling the russian infantry in Amur and 2) when we saw you only bought 2 transports on G1 UK could have taken out the Taranto fleet and just bought infantry.  This might have stopped Italy opening a second front in Russia and stopped a successful sealion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m