• '10

Simply a 1941 and 1942 Global-Expansion-Pack with two new setups and additional japanese tac-bomber pieces. :-D

• Another radical idea, germany and USA both were developing the bomb, and hitler just happened not to develop it in time.  How about expanded global rules for a BOMB after X amount of rounds with technology purchasing needed to develop it etc. to speed or slow it down? And then have a few pieces or cards to go along with the pack?

• Hmm.  That might be an interesting twist.  Maybe say you can buy an A-bomb research center for, say 10 IPCs.  Then pay maybe 5 IPCs per turn to get a development die roll to determine how many research points you get.  Keep a running total of the results, and once the cumulative total reaches 20 research points you have A-Bomb technology.  Along the way, the enemy can do strategic bombing against your research center to knock down your research points total.

• @AA_fourlife:

Another radical idea, germany and USA both were developing the bomb, and hitler just happened not to develop it in time.   How about expanded global rules for a BOMB after X amount of rounds with technology purchasing needed to develop it etc. to speed or slow it down? And then have a few pieces or cards to go along with the pack?

I doubt they would go for that, so it would have to be a “house rule”.  If a bomb gets dropped, then all the units in the territory are wiped out?

• Atomic bombs are powerful, but they aren’t as powerful as that…  The US dropped TWO on what is a single territory in AA and didn’t wipe out everything there.  Sure it destroyed those cities, but those were relatively small regions of the larger country and even then there were some survivors.

• @AA_fourlife:

Another radical idea, germany and USA both were developing the bomb, and hitler just happened not to develop it in time.   How about expanded global rules for a BOMB after X amount of rounds with technology purchasing needed to develop it etc. to speed or slow it down? And then have a few pieces or cards to go along with the pack?

Hitler never came close to developing an a-bomb
    the allies were worried that he would develope it first but the truth was that he had his resourses spread else where
    this fact was not known until after the war

• @Fighter212:

@AA_fourlife:

Hitler never came close to developing an a-bomb
    the allies were worried that he would develope it first but the truth was that he had his resourses spread else where
    this fact was not known until after the war

Yea, but we can change history with this game, so….redirect the resources as the player

• I doubt they would make an expansion pack

• that is the beauty of this game rewriting history

and i also doubt an expansion pack
    i was supprised they gave out revised battle strips and more jap tac bombers

about the nuke my friends and i thought long and hard about it and decided that it destroying a victory city other than a national capital and one per game
    you could do it as a third tech chart.
    roll six sixes to get the one and only atomic bomb to destroy the city of your choose
    just a thoughts

• @almashir:

Personally, I’d settle for just being able to order an extra set of playing pieces.  I checked the Wizards of the Coast website, and as of right now, they have no plans to sell the playing pieces separately.  I have plenty of pieces from the Milton Bradley version (I ordered an extra set from them), but they are now the wrong colors for Germany and Russia (although the old Russian brown looks pretty close to the Italian colors).  Also, I have no pieces for cruisers, artillery, or tac bombers.  But I do have (from Xeno) helicopters, armored cars, hovercraft, destroyers, and M1 tanks.  I like to play with house rules allowing paratroops, marines, and air transports.  I use the helicopters for air transports, the hovercraft for marines, and an infantry with a blue poker chip under it for a paratroop.  I’ll have to come up with something different now.

Buy lots of spraypaint!

• Atomic bomb should roll 4 dice for damage

If you doubble the damage threshold for what you are attacking then it is destroyed, in the case of major factories they are reduced to minor factories if you do 21 damage.

So you can basicly pop any port or airbase or minor with a roll of 12+

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m