• Founder TripleA Admin

We just finished setting up so I’m going to tweet about this first game.

http://twitter.com/axis_and_allies

• Who won?

• Sounds exciting. Did British control of Malta slow the Italians down any?

• Founder TripleA Admin

We quit before there was a decided winner. Malta did not factor into the game.

The first few rounds of the game actually play fairly quickly.

• Man this looks awesome!

• Wow.

Italy was on a roll. Now, if only art imitated history… or would it be history imitating art? Ha ha!

• Well djensen, because of you I broke my oath and got Twitter. Europe looks pretty amazing! We need Global shots please lol

• Just looking at the set-up dj posted, I was wondering if the UK should try to save the French Med fleet in sz 93 (cruiser/dd). They could get the carrier, dd and tac (Gibr sz 91), and the cruiser from Egypt as well, and fly out a ftr. Seems like the more ships the allies can save the better. If Italy does attack (with bb, 2 crusers, dd and 2 ftrs) it should be costly to them. Plus if they attack the combined fleet (more French losses) they are not using bombardment and may be exposing their tpts if they also want to go to Africa.

It also looks like the UK could attack the Italian BB, Cruiser, and transport in sz 95 on UK1, before the Italians merge their fleet, or buy an AB on Sicily or Sardinia for scramble protection.

That’s just a quick look at the Med, what do you guy’s think?

• @WILD:

Just looking at the set-up dj posted, I was wondering if the UK should try to save the French Med fleet in sz 93 (cruiser/dd). They could get the carrier, dd and tac (Gibr sz 91), and the cruiser from Egypt as well, and fly out a ftr. Seems like the more ships the allies can save the better. If Italy does attack (with bb, 2 crusers, dd and 2 ftrs) it should be costly to them. Plus if they attack the combined fleet (more French losses) they are not using bombardment and may be exposing their tpts if they also want to go to Africa.

It also looks like the UK could attack the Italian BB, Cruiser, and transport in sz 95 on UK1, before the Italians merge their fleet, or buy an AB on Sicily or Sardinia for scramble protection.

That’s just a quick look at the Med, what do you guy’s think?

What can the UK atack the BB with?

• They can attack the Italian’s sz 95 w/cruiser and ftr from Egypt (NB) & dd, Tac from Gib (NB). Then the carrier could meet up with the French in sz 93 to pick up surviving air (could bring carrier in but I wouldn’t, or could send carrier to England if air is killed). I’m not sure it would be good strat (risky), but the bulk of the Italian navy could be at the bottom, and if you get lucky (3 hits) they may only get off 2 shots. If it goes two rounds both sides should take heavy losses (carrier heads to England w/no surviving air units). It may cost you in Egypt, but taking out the big guns for Italy (+ a trp) could be worth it.

• By the way Calvin, Larry has been very active on your thread on his site titled “Balancing Pacific 1940” thought you should know. Check it out, he is ranking suggestions for possible changes to Pac40.

(Sorry to side track this thread)

• can you link the thread for those of us that are not internet-inclined?

• Here’s the link, Larry jumps in on the 4th page.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2386

• Glad to hear that Larry is doing something. Hopefully this can be added to the errata list so we can all use that and make the game a balanced one. But I think we also have to remember that Japan also will have 20-something Russian troops on their doorstep in Global, so whatever we do it needs to work in the Pacific variant and also the Global game too.

• @WILD:

By the way Calvin, Larry has been very active on your thread on his site titled “Balancing Pacific 1940” thought you should know. Check it out, he is ranking suggestions for possible changes to Pac40.

(Sorry to side track this thread)

I know. It started with 1-2 pages. A few weeks later, 15 pages

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m