• @Dylan:

Anyways what’s wrong with a swordsmen, look they’re in the game, and they are the best for killing calvary.

calvary? Outside Jerusalem?
    ahh now I get it. swords into ploughshares and then… cha-ching no hill.

You’re quite right. Couldn’t do that landscaping with muskets.

• @allboxcars:

@Dylan:

Anyways what’s wrong with a swordsmen, look they’re in the game, and they are the best for killing calvary.

calvary? Outside Jerusalem?
    ahh now I get it. swords into ploughshares and then… cha-ching no hill.

You’re quite right. Couldn’t do that landscaping with muskets.

Are you being dramatic.

• @Raeder:

I’m actually doing something similar, but only for my own amusement. I’m using the map and some tokens from Napoleon in Europe, the units from Viktory II, the chits with the generals from Age of Napoleon, and the battlefield rules from Napoleon’s War for tactical battles.

It will play as a sort of Napoleon: Total War, The Boardgame. The ship pieces included with the Viktory II set are excellent for naval engagements.

Altough this isn’t an Axis & Allies clone, it will look and feel a lot like it, with area movement, dice rolling, and plastic units.

I’m using photoshop to make the map.

• I should have this done by around the end of the year, dunno, I’m still a bit unsure about somethings, but it will somehow be released wherever it’s printable, actually, played online, still don’t quite know.

• I change my mind about Austria and Russia not getting boats, but I’m still confused about a setup for naval’s.

But more important! RUSSIA’S TERRITORIES ARE ON THE BOARD!!! :D

Do you like it?

Russia.jpg

• This side of the board

Russia.jpg

• @Dylan:

This side of the board

The Ottoman Empire doesn’t border Ukraine and your map doesn’t look close to the real world

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

This side of the board

The Ottoman Empire doesn’t border Ukraine and your map doesn’t look close to the real world

So?

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

This side of the board

So?

If you don’t care about that stuff, why call all the territories what they are? Just make up random names

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

This side of the board

So?

If you don’t care about that stuff, why call all the territories what they are? Just make up random names

Because I want it to be a game.

• @i:

dylan based on the maps here you should hire someone to do it. because those really suck i can draw great maps but, i dont have a camra. so i cant post one :cry: :cry: :oops:

I made that with a mouse, I need a tablet, that could just be a rough copy, dunno.

• As a big-time admirer of Napoleon and the Napoleonic Era (much more than WWII era), I gotta ask why there are “swordsemen” in this game. I know you’ve said multiple times you don’t care about the issue, but it’s a big one. Swordsmen were phased out of mainstray European armies by at least 1700.

• @UN:

As a big-time admirer of Napoleon and the Napoleonic Era (much more than WWII era), I gotta ask why there are “swordsemen” in this game. I know you’ve said multiple times you don’t care about the issue, but it’s a big one. Swordsmen were phased out of mainstray European armies by at least 1700.

Because!!!

• @Dylan:

@UN:

As a big-time admirer of Napoleon and the Napoleonic Era (much more than WWII era), I gotta ask why there are “swordsemen” in this game. I know you’ve said multiple times you don’t care about the issue, but it’s a big one. Swordsmen were phased out of mainstray European armies by at least 1700.

Because!!!

Come now, I’m genuinely trying to figure out something here. The least you can do is give a reasoning that’s at least a sentence?

• @UN:

@Dylan:

@UN:

Because!!!

Come now, I’m genuinely trying to figure out something here. The least you can do is give a reasoning that’s at least a sentence?

The CUTLASS!

• @UN:

He is a little kid who dosnt understand what the Napoleonic Wars were, thats all it is.

Dylan, i appreciate your enthusiasm but you should read a book on the subject before you make a game out of it.

You should also reference a 1812 map of Europe and draw the map by hand, then post a picture of it if you must.

Here is a start
    Europe 1805

Europe 1808

Europe 1812

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@UN:

He is a little kid who dosnt understand what the Napoleonic Wars were, thats all it is.

Dylan, i appreciate your enthusiasm but you should read a book on the subject before you make a game out of it.

You should also reference a 1812 map of Europe and draw the map by hand, then post a picture of it if you must.

Here is a start
    Europe 1805

Europe 1808

Europe 1812

I know some things!

So I’ll attempt to draw a map then try to do the same on the computer, but it may have to be a printable game, but the pieces might be annoy to deal with

• @Dylan:

I know some things!

More important: do you understand that there are things you have yet to learn.

• '12

Dylan, its tough to take you seriously when you claim not to care about accuracy of maps or units.  As others have said, you really should do much more research than you have.  You are posting this because you want our feedback right and not just to jack up your post count right?  I sometimes wonder as many of your posts are not even a sentence.  You are creative and show enthusiasm, two great qualities that will serve you well over the years.  However, you need to add in some hard work in the form of research, do your thinking and work, then present something more complete here and I am sure it would be welcomed.  I suspect things probably come easily for you and you may have gotten by so far in life based on your above average intelligence.  This works when you are the big fish in the little pond, but sooner or later you will come across people not as bright as you but damned hard workers, or worse, equally intelligent and harder working, or the worst of all, gifted people who also work hard in which case you best become their friend!

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Dylan, its tough to take you seriously when you claim not to care about accuracy of maps or units.  As others have said, you really should do much more research than you have.  You are posting this because you want our feedback right and not just to jack up your post count right?  I sometimes wonder as many of your posts are not even a sentence.  You are creative and show enthusiasm, two great qualities that will serve you well over the years.  However, you need to add in some hard work in the form of research, do your thinking and work, then present something more complete here and I am sure it would be welcomed.  I suspect things probably come easily for you and you may have gotten by so far in life based on your above average intelligence.  This works when you are the big fish in the little pond, but sooner or later you will come across people not as bright as you but damned hard workers, or worse, equally intelligent and harder working, or the worst of all, gifted people who also work hard in which case you best become their friend!

No I do want feedback, don’t get the wrong idea.

So I’ll post phone this, for now. I need to get to the Library, I’m relying on youtube and wikipedia for info.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m