• TripleA

@DarthMaximus:

Right, but I think allweneed was trying to point out that that is a lot harder to do then just dump units to Europe b/c the incentive for those goals at earlier stages isn’t there…

I agree with allweneed, in that there should be more incentive to fight in the Pac…

The only way to really encourage the US to fight in the Pac is to give them things that can be achieved early but also prove too deadly if they ignore it.  I’d also go back to making China part of the US or something just to open up a US Asia IC strat.

i like your creative ideas on how to create action

• TripleA

@critmonster:

Australia worth 4, money islands each reduced to three.
    India not part of Japan’s NO (already a strategic target, no incentive needed).
    Pacific NO’s built around zero value islands.

i like all these ideas. i think these would help create more action

• TripleA

@Flying:

Here is an idea I still think will work…

Things we know
    1. Japan is a monster.
    2. KGIF seems to be the best way of winning the war as the Allies. This equates to not much of a pacific campaign because there is not enough $$ for the Americans to go east and west.

If the American NOs were changed to
    -Collect 15 ipcs if the allies control 3 of the 4 territories…Alaska, Hawaii, Wake Island and Midway.
    -Homeland NO is deleted (east, west, central USA for 5 ipcs)
    -Add American destroyer to Hawaii

combining the usa NOs of controlling pacific territories and homeland territories is a great idea. i would play it if usa controls 6 of solomons, hawaii, wake, midway, east, west, central usa collect 10ipc.

i do not like the idea of giving the usa a free destroyer.

• TripleA

@oztea:

Changes to UK

• Factory in Australia
    • Cruiser off Indian Coast

Changes to China
    Collects IPCs as any other power
    +2 Infantry at set up
    Infantry only cost 2 IPCs

Changes to US

• Cruiser off West Coast 1941
    • Island bonus changed to “Control Hawaii and 2/3 of Wake, Solomons, Midway”

all of your changes are to add units to pacific theatre. i like the idea to create action but i think it is better to just say bids must go in pacific theatre. this has the same effect but gives the player more choices (fun) and the game more variance (more fun)

• TripleA

@Frontovik:

split the game up in 2 smaller games

nice one frontovik

• TripleA

@BulwFi:

If you wanted to change the allied set up to deal with the ‘monster of japan’ you surely have to change the axis powers to suit. The game has surely been play tested a million times! Maybe the axis players your playing against have better luck or are just better players!

i am not sure if you have read the thread. like many others, i would like more action in the pacific. i gave some ideas on how to do it. i wanted critiques on my ideas and new ideas from others.

• contributing to the problem in the pacific is the inability of UK to effectively help USA.

It could be something as simple as adding an IC to australia.
    I’ve heard ideas of limited complexes that can be upgraded at a cost.

Limited like either only ground units or inf only.
    Upgrade to full at $8 or some other dollar cost.

This enables the allies to help defend / slow the japanese expansion while giving the Americans some land base(s) for bombers.

• '16 '15 '10

@axis_roll:

contributing to the problem in the pacific is the inability of UK to effectively help USA.

It could be something as simple as adding an IC to australia.
    I’ve heard ideas of limited complexes that can be upgraded at a cost.

Limited like either only ground units or inf only.
    Upgrade to full at $8 or some other dollar cost.

This enables the allies to help defend / slow the japanese expansion while giving the Americans some land base(s) for bombers.

There’s a TripleA mod created by Veqryn that gives UK a complex of its choice as a bid.

I think the game would be better with starting complexes in Aussie and India but its tricky to work out the game dynamics without tipping the balance to either side.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m