• you could attack neutrals they just cost 3 IPCS

• @Dylan:

you could attack neutrals they just cost 3 IPCS

only in the original axis and allies, in all subsequent versions they could not be attacked or moved over except in the new Europe and Pacific

• @savage:

@Dylan:

you could attack neutrals they just cost 3 IPCS

only in the original axis and allies, in all subsequent versions they could not be attacked or moved over except in the new Europe and Pacific

Thats pathetic  :-o

• In previous games of A&A42, My friends have used Brazil as a Nazi Naval base. before attacking the USA. One of the rare occurences when it was a tight game until Washington shipped too many men to war. Britain had France AND Kwangtung

• Get over it, South America will never be an important part of this game.

• It might be in Japans best interest to take the Panama canal.

• Meh, I dunno, was just throwing suggestions out there.  “Neutral Intervention”, would, in effect, be giving some sides “free” units in addition to extra IPCs, so, yeah, I guess that wouldn’t work.  It’d be difficult to balance properly too.

Japan taking over the Panama Canal has never worked; its just not necessary and is a big diversion.  IF there was a rule in place stating that the US could only build so many ships on east or west coast each round due to shipyard constraints; then it might be a big deal.  But we don’t gots that in AA.

• If there’s war in South America the Axis have probably won.

• @SgtBlitz:

Japan taking over the Panama Canal has never worked; its just not necessary and is a big diversion.  IF there was a rule in place stating that the US could only build so many ships on east or west coast each round due to shipyard constraints; then it might be a big deal.  But we don’t gots that in AA.

Major IC limit = 10 units per turn.

But, then again, even the US will have a hard time coughing up the cash for more than 10 naval units a turn. Geez, even 10 subs would be 60 IPCs…

• Well if there was war in South America I bet Venezuela and Peru or Argentina (I get them mixed up as far as government, I can locate them between each other though) would help them fight against America and Brazil

• Just how much of the world will AA Europe cover if it extends to S America will it include S Africa too?

• An interesting proposition would be if the US +30 Global National Objective was:

Collect +30 IPCs if the United States controls Western United States, Central United States, Eastern United States, and Panama.

sneaking a hit on the canal would be an important way to let the axis hurt the US Economy.

Though making it cost 30 IPCs is a little strong……so maybe not.

• @The:

Just how much of the world will AA Europe cover if it extends to S America will it include S Africa too?

Yes. Which makes it truly awesome.

And even though it’d be one year too late historically, I’m sure that some German players will end up trying desperately to save their cruisers from getting bombed by the Allies, and unintentionally recreate the Battle of the River Plate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_River_Plate

The South Atlantic won’t be all dead sea zones, I guarantee that.

There’ll be at least some games where the US will be distracted, and Italy will go all Godzilla on them, and grab Brazil… that even happens in AA50 occasionally, and there’s far fewer places to hide on that board.  :-D

• @The:

Just how much of the world will AA Europe cover if it extends to S America will it include S Africa too?

It should have everything because if you connect the two boreds and somethings not their that would suck and be pathetic

• @TitusAndronicus:

If there’s war in South America the Axis have probably won.

I would say they definitely have won, except some terrible Axis player might actually consider it a good early war strategy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m