Axis or allies?grmne?USSR?us?uk?jpn?

Assuming the people playing are of the same skill level (and are good to expert) then in a no bid game the Axis win only about 5% of the time, if that. Bid games vary, in a no RR game the Axis need anywhere from 18-24 IPC to make the game even remotely fair and in RR, the Axis need about 9-15 to be able to at least put up a fight.

The Allies can make multiple mistakes and not play optimal and still win while one mistake on the Axis part can cost you the game, especially in round 1 or 2.

• I would say the Axis needs the higher range of bids to win say 24+ or 15 for RR.

• DarthMaximus I think you’re getting a little disproportioned with your figures. trust me the axis is not that bad off if you’re a good player. you have to know where to spend IPCs. but honestly if you’re a good axis player you shouldn’t have that big a problem. let me guess tho you’re one of those players who buys all tanks the first turn right?

like the allies you have to make many critical buys/moves on the first turn infact the first turn in many cases can win or loose a game……suchas buy industry…navy/transports if you need them harras ussr but remember to defend…just spend wisely if you know what I mean it can make a huge difference. note: none of the stuff I mentioned for you to buy is a specific list… just saying try different things you’re bound to hit gold.

well try using planes to take out atlantic navy, trust me that alone can make a huge dent. if you take out america’s transport and the one by canada and england. Note:there is a sub near america for germans. use it on american trans.

well that’s enough info for now… just don’t automatically say this isn’t fair we need to change the rules…change how you think.

• your right, the russians could be played by a chimp, i pummel my buddy that plays as the germasn over and over, no matter how sound is strat is.

• If you have two equally skilled players, then the Axis are the most likely to win. Many times it depend on the personality of the players. If you get an aggressive Axis player and a passive Allied player, the Allies are going down. If both sides are passive, then you’re in for a long game. If the Allies are aggressive and the Axis are passive, then the Axis is going to be dead in record time. The real trick is to know when to be passive and when to be aggressive. Lightning wolf will back me up on the fact that you don’t want to be too gun ho, but you don’t want to just sit there and wait for it. Just to let you all know, I’m the Axis player that taught “lightning wolf” the game. I would back him up on the fact that Russia is the key to victory for the Allies. It is the proverbial rock which the Axis waves wash against. When Russia stands, it forces a two front war for Germany and Japan. If Russia falls, the Axis will be able to focus on their own fronts. I would advise anyone who plays A&A to take on a pupil and teach them everything you know. When they get as good or better then you, it forces you to improve yourself. That’s exactly what happened with me.

• im about as aggresive as they come, and i generally play as russia. my german oponent is agresive too, but i still always beat him.

• Playing as the allies with a less than substantial bid is like wrestling a girl, nothing to win, and everything to lose.

ps i’m 0-1 vs. women, but it was worth it

@lightning:

DarthMaximus I think you’re getting a little disproportioned with your figures. trust me the axis is not that bad off if you’re a good player. you have to know where to spend IPCs. but honestly if you’re a good axis player you shouldn’t have that big a problem. let me guess tho you’re one of those players who buys all tanks the first turn right?

like the allies you have to make many critical buys/moves on the first turn infact the first turn in many cases can win or loose a game……suchas buy industry…navy/transports if you need them harras ussr but remember to defend…just spend wisely if you know what I mean it can make a huge difference. note: none of the stuff I mentioned for you to buy is a specific list… just saying try different things you’re bound to hit gold.

well try using planes to take out atlantic navy, trust me that alone can make a huge dent. if you take out america’s transport and the one by canada and england. Note:there is a sub near america for germans. use it on american trans.

well that’s enough info for now… just don’t automatically say this isn’t fair we need to change the rules…change how you think.

With good to expert players, the AXIS HAVE NO CHANCE WITHOUT A BID! That’s ZERO, NADA, NONE!

On Russia 1, you can take out the German ships in the Baltic, Finland and Ukr. Not to mention Man if you want. Then you get to reinforce Kar with your 8 inf Purchase and 4 inf from Mos. Also maybe Germany doesn’t have that sub to go after the US, perhaps Russia took that out instead of the Baltic ships??? Russia can do tons of damage to Germany on rd 1. Perhaps you’ve never played or seen a good Allied player.

Now Germany has no ships in the Baltic, minus 2 ftrs and has already lost 5 IPC in territory. I don’t care how good the Axis player is, with no bid the Allies will eat them alive 95-98% of the time.

I’m a damn good Axis player and Germany is my favorite/best country (precisely because of the challenge) but I’m not dumb enough to think I can win more than 5% of the time in a straight up game.

If it were that easy to win with Germany/Japan then the bids wouldn’t be 20+ in the PBEM clubs.

With 2 equal players it is much much much much much easier to win as the Allies. Period. That is a fact. End of story.

• hey darth…… I still don’t agree with you at all…but I apologize if I offended you at all…I tend to get a little snappy with my debates… so anyways…sorry :(

No prob, I got a little worked up too. :D

• Yeah but I also disagree with you so take it for what it is. As DM said if it were so easy to win with the Axis the play by email clubs would have lower bids to be the Axis as it is they currently stand at 24+! You’d think that is a lot but not really if you know how to win as the Allies. Even in RR you still need a substantial bid I’d say 14-15, and would always be willing to give the Axis a little to much than play as them with too little.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m